Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-08-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Got a new knee brace this week and it doesn't seem to do the job. Does anyone know what brand knee brace Parks uses? It looks different than mine. Mine is a Cti2 and is okay but still feel some pain. HELP!!!
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-08-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have one that slips right on, and it does amazing. i just have horrible knees from playing soccer, but never had surgery. i got mine at walmart, it is black and has little holes in it, which lets my knee still beable to breathe.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Richard - what's wrong with your knee? I know of a great surgeon.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
excellent surgeon+rehab= no need for brace, IMHO
Old     (bwellsusmc)      Join Date: May 2006       07-08-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
I was a personal trainer while in college. A lot of work with ACL, & MCL injuries. Depending on what insurance you have I would see a physical therapist. The PT can provide you the type of knee brace you need, and depending on what's wrong with your knee can provide a program that will stengthen the knee and other muscles surrounding the knee to give it more support. I would only go to a surgeon as a last resort. Physical Therapy, anti-inflammatory medicine, and a good knee brace for now may be all you need.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-08-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Had MRI and doc says knee replacement. I don't want to have to do it more than once since artifical knees only last 10-15 years. Thane Dogg, who do you know? Since i live in Corona we are close. I'm looking for another opinion. Please send me his name.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
Richard - you have mail.
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-09-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
Richard, what function are you looking for in a knee brace? Compression or support? That CTI is going to keep you from hyperextensions and provide support, but it sounds like your pain would be relieved by a neoprene compression sleeve. I use the asterisk brace and occasionally use a sleeve beneath if my knee's hurting.