Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (dirk22)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-06-2007, 10:31 PM Reply   
Is Mobius XLV a good first family wakeboard boat.
I am looking at this boat for our first real wakeboard boat. is there any reason that I should not go with this boat. The price is right.

Dirk
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-07-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
Moomba makes a great boat. As long as you have something to pull that beast with, i say go for it. They say with the ballast full it throws the biggest wake out there.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-07-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
Dirk,
I have Mobius LSV and love it.. hear the XLV Wake can be awesome.. They are quite roomy!
Make sure you get Perfect Pass.. I scoffed at it on my first boat, Mobius came with it and makes wife's job easier when towing. plus, if this is a family boat, will help in towing the kids consistently and perf. pass allows you to slowly speed up as they are learning..
Good luck and have fun
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-07-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
We looked at all the Moombas back in 06. We felt the free-board was a little shallow. When sitting, knees above your hips and seat backs hit just at the shoulder blades. Also don't like the idea of having t climb over a seat to get to the bow, and stand on the outside of the gunwales to reach the board racks.

Other then that, nice looking boat.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-07-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
......the only thing I would wonder.....do you need a boat that big, a 21 or 22 foot is alot of boat.....23 and up are huge. Save some gas and
be able to find your kids and buy smaller unless you already know you will really need it.
Old     (dirk22)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks guys... I am a family of 6 with four kids and they all board I think I will need the bigger boat because they always want to bring a friend with them.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
The XLV would be a great choice for a family boat. It's relatively inexpensive in comparison to other boats it's size.

It doesn't have a shallow free board like some of the other older Moomba's. It's actually pretty deep.

The playpen seating makes for a really large and comfortable area for kids. You can use the flip up booster seat for extra seating inside the boat, and underneath it allows a ton of room for hidden storage/ballast.

I owned an older version of this boat and absolutely loved it. I'm a big fan of Skiers Choice's products and Rick Tinker.
Old    lakeside5_10            12-07-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
I love my 06 xlv , i have a pic on my profile page .
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-07-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
I had an XLV for a while. It is a great Family Boat. Very Roomy, Great wake. You can make the wake smaller for the kids but load it up and make a huge wake. Also makes a good Wakesurf wake. The only downside to the wake is it is kind of wide compared to the 21' LSV. This makes it a little hard for new riders to clear wake to wake. But you can shorten the rope to help out with that.
Good Luck
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
You should buy my Supra 21V instead!! Sick wake, roomy, and priced right with a killer warranty!
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
For a family of six, it is a perfect wakeboard boat. Lots of room for your dollar. I have a 21' LSV and the freeboard on the XLV is much better. When loaded down i can take water over the front if not paying attention, the XLV is almost impossible to take water over the front even with an 1100# bag filled under the playpen. Some people on here are kinda harsh about Moomba being a budget boat. They are a budget boat, but quality is not sacrificed just a lot of the bling.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-07-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Dirk I think your family would love that boat. The newer moomba's are built pretty well, I don't think you could go wrong with that boat.
Old     (dirk22)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-07-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Guys I have a ? I just talked to a buddy that has an o6 it is the 22ft he has had nothing but problems with the ballast. then the welds broke on the trailer and the dealer in Spokane would not fix it. They told them to call the trailer manufacturer.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-07-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
the dealer support is almost if not more important than the boat. sounds like your friend does not have a good dealer. all boats are going to have some minor problems/maintenance if you use them. your friends problems should be handled at the dealer if under warranty and if not under warranty they should still be willing to take care of them for a reasonable price.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-07-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
moomba is awesome, XLV is huge...the only issue would be more kids to fill it, so... get ready for that
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
The XLV is a GREAT boat!! I love mine and would tell you to go for it you wont be sorry!!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-07-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Dealer support is more important. Ask to talk to customers who have had work done there? How long do they get backed up around July 4th?
Go with the best dealer even if it's another brand. Don't be shy about a demo boat. With your price range, a demo with the bugs worked out opens up all competitors to consider except maybe Mastercraft or a loaded Nauti.
XLV is a great start if you have a good dealer
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-07-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
I have a 22ft Mobius V on ebay right now that would be a great boat to start out with....lemme know and you can get in for a great price
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-08-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
go for the xlv. it is a great boat, i bought mine at the beginning of the year and put 160 hours on it this summer and haven't had a problem that has made me even take the boat to the dealer. plus the '08 come with an even better warranty.