Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (ar1stotle)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-27-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
OK, still waiting on getting my boat fixed. However, it's still pretty cold here and I wakeboard on a river. I was looking at wetsuits, and they're pretty expensive. One that I've been considering was an O'Neill for $130... however, my dad just got back from sams and said they had some Obrien springsuits for $30... Is there anything wrong about jumping for that? Is that really a good deal? Is there any reason it wouldnt work as well as other suits? I mean, I'm assuming a springsuit would be OK for southern louisiana... but I really just dont want to freeze.

(Message edited by ar1stotle on January 27, 2007)
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-27-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
I wear a Costco Jobe springsuit that was like $35. It got the job done for for the last 3 seasons, and is still going strong.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
dosn't seem like there is anything wrong with that to me...my first life vest came from sam's club and so did my parents vests.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-27-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
For about $70 you can get a top quality full length wetsuit - American made.

Spring suits work at warm air temps and water temps over 65. Colder than that you want a full suit.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
want a good wetsuit at an unbelievable price.
www.hyperflexusa.com
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-28-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
Try West Marine, they had some $100 wetsuits last time I was there. I have a "Gotcha" spring suit from Costco/Sams, it works till it gets too cold, then I bust out the Bare Drysuit.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
I have a 3 season old execute spring suit from, at the time galyans, now dicks. Was around 40 dollars and works well.

I also was able to find a rip curl full suit for the amazing price of 79.99 from some random online store. Sure it doesnt have quadruple glue welded double overlay seamless stitches but it keeps me warm all the way through october in wisconsin.

I have never had an expensive suit but the "cheapos" work fantastically IMO