Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-10-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Any of you have these fish in your lakes? More and more have come to ky lake!! I believe in 4 to 5 years watersports won't be taking place here. I hear when they come they take over
Old     (jsmilez321)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-11-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
dude I ride in the cumberland all the time and i have only seen a handful this summer & the ones we saw were past the cheatham dam going towards nashville..... God help us if they start... but from what i here there is nothing you can do except if u catch one kill it hahaha....
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-11-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
its really sad, if these things get in the Colorado River and California lakes there will be riots. These fish are spreading the country. Some people have gotten killed from being hit by them.

Those videos of the dudes in armor suits with swords wakeboarding through them is how we will be riding for real.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-11-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
At first I thought you were kidding...LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN2gM...2A420DC8BA5F07
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-11-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Dude, thats funny... although these stupid fish are a serious growing problem.....
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-11-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Has there been any breakthrough in ways to control/kill the or any hope to finding a way without killing everything in the water
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
that youtube video was hilarious
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-11-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by calexan View Post
Has there been any breakthrough in ways to control/kill the or any hope to finding a way without killing everything in the water
Not that I have heard of. It sucks to think that my kids will only be able to watch wakeboarding in movies or pictures unless we packed up and went to another lake/river that doesn't have them
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-11-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
I ride the Illinois River and and have for about 15 years. They are everywhere but for the most part they are not a problem with inboard boats unless you get in really shallow water I have only had a few jump close to me or any of the other riders with me. So no big deal with them for us.
Old     (jrbishop4)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-11-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Just watched the video. That is hilarious!! I normally ride in the area that it was filmed and like I said with a inboard boat you will not have fish jumping like that. Outboards are what really get them jumping for some reason. And it is getting very popular here to bow hunt them. The army cor of engineers are trying everything they can here to keep them from getting north to the great lakes but I don't know if they will be able to stop them.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-11-2011, 4:48 PM Reply   
Do they eat zebra mussels?