Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       05-21-2008, 11:13 PM Reply   
I saw the video of the CIE spring ride double up contest. http://filmsfrontside.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_ id=4 In reference to your off axis 3, that makes me tremble every time I see it; Do you think you've ever gotten that high before? If so, is it on video? What ran through your head when you finished the three and you saw that you were still 20 feet up in the air?
Old     (nbomzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
I saw it and the landing made my knees hurt! Shaun Murray is SUPERMAN
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
No wonder he couldn't ride in ATL. He goes so huge!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
I don't know if they were judging on biggest air or techest trick or what, but if big air was the case, Shaun you need to go track down Ricky G because you got robbed of $3000!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-22-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
His Blind Judge was huge too and gets way overlooked for the balls it takes to throw that trick, especially that big. Definitely some home cooking, but still a sweet trick by Ricky G.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-22-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
i was talkin to the hyperlite rep at spring ride and he was saying how at the Double or Nuthin he was about 10 feet higher then what you saw at spring ride i couldnt believe it lol
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-22-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
sean, how much did that boog that you blew in retrospect wiegh?
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-23-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
the boog came in at 4 lbs 3 ounces. big, but not the biggest to date.
as far as the double up goes, I have taken some bigger, in fact if someone can find the footage or pic from last year at the Lake Murray Rough Riders demo, I got booted higher than ever I think?
I went to do a 7, had to bail to a 5 and didn't even land it. I had enough time to think about how much therapy I was going to go through and how much the surgery was going to cost. Somehow I didn't get hurt. Scott Truitt was driving and serving up the serious meat.
Travis can consistently serve big ol double stack patties o meat and sometimes I have to tell him to take it easy.
The 3 at CIE was fun because I got outside the hard landing area.
The double or nuthin one was a longer hang time, and i don't know if it was higher. Whatever, it's fun to fly like that either way.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-23-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
That is some serious air if you have time to think how long therapy is going to be.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-23-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
You didn't even seem to buckle on the CIE one. By the "hard landing area" do you mean just outside the trough? How far out do you have to go to avoid that bad area?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Bryan Hutton was driving Shauns DU I believe. Someone said he sped the boat up when he saw the slack in Shauns line, so that he could land with more forward motion, instead of just dropping straight down out of the sky. Landing outside of the trough always helps also.

I'm sure that helped if it is true. The pros not only ride well, but they drive well.
Old    K.B.C.            05-23-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
props Shaun, that shot is awesome. oh and I'm talking about the boog not the DU
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
wow. my jaw just dropped when i saw that. I wanna ride like Murray!
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-23-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
I saw that 3 at spring ride. It was huge. I never saw anyone go that high before. Murray is the man. Plus he is a great guy and a great ambassador for this sport.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-24-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
How high would you guess he was?
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-24-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
WOW - Biggest 3 I've ever seen
Old     (liquidforce12)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
there is a picture of shaun hittin the double up at lake murray at www.southcarolinaroughriders.com a bit blurry but still insane!