Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
So i was at the stop this weekend and in the finals rusty had some board problems the announcer said. I was sitting over by the starting dock and when he came back from his run the board looked fine. Just wondering if anyone knew what happened?
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-09-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
The announcer said he cracked the board...then he decided to just continue on. I bet it was in his head though. I didn't see the fall, I was near the rider tent. I think he did it at the other end of the lake.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
I believe it happened on a big tail or indy glide?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-09-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Yep I asked him what was up and he told me that it snapped on the tail glide.
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
I wonder why he wouldn't have a backup board at a comp?? Seems like as big as these guys go and with all the sliders and transfers, they'd have a backup.
Old     (cdtex14)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
well I guess it happend during his run and he finished on a broken board.... that would make sense.. I just probably answered my own question..sorry
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
i dont think you can switch out a board in the middle of a run. most riders do have extra boards on site
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
i over heard the guys in the booth/tower talking and they said they would give him 5 minutes to switch his setup. he musta just said F-it and decided to keep on keepin' on with the cracked board.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-09-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
The rules allow a rider 5 minutes to fix equipment problems. They don't all carry extra boards. In Fort Worth Trevor took a chunk out of his board on the transfer box. He switched his bindings onto another riders Marius and completed the run.