Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-03-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Does anyone know when Sanger will be updating there website, they always seem a little behind
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-03-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
I've been waiting for an updated site for 2 years!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
its "their" website
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-04-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
They are working on it now. I keep checking every once in a while. Let's hope it's soon. I have a personal stake in the new website (see profile pic).
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
Your've got to love Sanger, they specialize in building boats, not marketing them....
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
I just wanna see all the new goodies so I can get some stuff for my boat
Old    bocephus            03-05-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I thought you were going to sell that boat to me Steve?
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Ill be going out next saturday if you wanna role, then you can see if you like the v210, Im still debating on if I want to sell it or not, besides I thought you were lookin at the 210 SAN.
Old    bocephus            03-05-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Ya, I am still looking at the SAN 210. Mine goes in for an annual on March 22. I'm still trying to keep finances in line though.
Old    bocephus            03-07-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Steve.... Email me your number or call me! (480) 226-3629

ryan@@hometownappraisers.com
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-08-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
from a pull, the boat's siiiick.
whatup steve.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Thankss Tyler, Ryan I just got back from sedona I think my wife emailed you the #'s. Looks like the rain gonna hold off until saturday night so Im down to go on saturday morning.
Old    stillstandin            03-08-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
I just got onto the Sanger site. Looks like you can go to the color options under any of the boat, and put the new graphics on the boats. Dont know if this is all they are gonna do, but the 06 graphics are on there
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-13-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
I just sent an e-mail to Shadomedia, Sanger's webdesigner to let them know that we are anxiously awaiting the newly updated website.

Maybe that will help
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-14-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
I heard back from Shadomedia... They hope to have it done within the next week or so.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-27-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Good news! The new website went live today! check it out: www.sangerboats.com
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-28-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
The new site is a great step forward. Very good looking and professional.
Some suggestions to improve it:
Gallery section for each boat, there really needs to be a lot more interior detail shots.
Some specific details on ballast and engine options for each boat.
Apart from that - Awesome, good work.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
are we looking at the same site? personally it looks cheesy and awful. very amateur.
Old    00wakesetter            03-28-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
entrustclothing, it looks ok to me. Mabey you should explain what you dont like instead of bashing their website. Someone could prolly say the same for your site.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-28-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
I think the site looks great! It's so much better than the old one.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
well since i get paid to be a designer i think my opinion matters more then most

the site is just very amateur, the navigation is way to big and it makes you feel stupid looking at it, the biggest mistake people make with websites is making stuff stupidly big. also the drop shawdows on everything just look cheesy. the bubbles on the boats page look bad as well. look at www.mastercraft.com and see how everything fits and flows and follows a nice grid.

the thing people don't realize is that good design doesn't have to cost a lot.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
entrust brings some valid points to the table.

Site design does not only revolve around asthetics but also plays a major role in usability. While their site may very well be much better than the old site, it would fare poorly in even the most basic usability studies.

Here is a very basic example for you. The site is designed for an 800x600 screen resolution. That is a good things as people still use that res. However if you resize your res to 8x6 on the Homepage all you can see is the header and the top half of the top two boats. Just one aspect that relegates this to poor design.

Old    anythingextreme            03-28-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I think the site looks great and is built well also! I bet the average individual looking to buy a Sanger would be fairly well off income-wise. I would also bet that because of this demographic, most of them would have later model computers and DSL. Dude - hardly anyone is set at 800 x 600 - most are on 17 inch. monitors at 1024 x 768 - the site is setup perfectly for this - I think your layout would be good for a site in 1995.

Mastercrafts website is crap! where's the wow factor - looks like any old corporate website out there. Sanger's site has character and is unique. I think you guys should take some lessons from this site - sounds like you are just jealous...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
i don't even know what to say, seriously, i guess there is a reason why the boat companies put ugly graphics on their boats. they must appeal to the same people as the ugly websites do. if i designs websites like that i would be homeless!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-28-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Maybe Entrust & Manzo are talking about some tech stuff we don't understand. To me (an average joe) it looks just great. I like the look of the page and I don't think the stuff is too big. I do agree with Darren and wish there were more interior pics of the models and more info about ballast and overall options for the boats.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
My guess is that "shad" is the shad from shadodesign.com, the designer of sangerboats.com. Espically since you just signed up today and your only post is in here telling me how I do not know my industry.

What does a late model CPU and DSL have to do with screen resolution? That was one very basic example that effects the usability of this site.

If hardly anyone is set at that, why was it designed for 8x6?

Sorry dude, I own a web conslting and design firm with multiple fortune 100 clients. I am not trying to rip you or whoever did the site, but I am stating fact and backingup entrusts statements as from a usability standpoint they are true.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-28-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
"well since i get paid to be a designer i think my opinion matters more then most"

Ignorant post of the year. That's like me saying someone's building looks crappy and my opinion matters more because I'm in construction. I happen to think the website looks fine and is functional, and my opinion matters just as much as yours.
Old     (fasfeat)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-28-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
We appriciate all your input and do care about what people think about our product and how we present it. As most of us are not as website savy as some of you out there, we really look for a site that is easy to navigate and has the info that most people would like to see, to help them make an educated boat buying decision. Thank you for all your criticizum, good and bad! Were listening
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
I find the site completely lacking in emotion....its kinda boring. The website is your first impression and it would seem to me that with a product like a ski/wake boat, invoking emotion would be the top priority. Good images, action shots, detail shots, videos, interactive media, lists and details of options, etc. will all help get a customer excited about your product.

I also think entrust made some good points with regards to the design. Its brand new, yet looks dated. Web design is nearly as fast paced as the technology that drives it but it is possible to develop a site that is not only modern in appearance and function but also easy to navigate. That is what seperates good designers from mediocre ones.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
your website defines who you are. for many it's the first impression they get of your business. sanger is a reputable well known company, yet the website looks like it was built for about $500 by some guy in his garage. this is not a good reflection on the business. there a major over abundance of drop shawdows and circles on the site. somepeople just need like photoshop a little to much

check out http://supraboats.com/ it's very nice and clean looking, very coporate and professional, makes me feel good about the company like they have it together
Old    00wakesetter            03-29-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
entrustclothing, you are a tool! Keep on bashing man it makes you sound mature
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-29-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Personally, I buy a boat based on the BOAT, not the website.

Sanger is not Mastercraft or Supra... it doesn't want to be or need to be. They build about 300 boats a year and have no problem selling all of them.

People usually hear about Sanger either by word of mouth or boat show and may go to the website for additional information. At that point they don't need a flashy, gaudy website they need a one that is functional, informational and easy to navigate. As a consumer, I believe they have achieved that. Other than a few of the additions previously mentioned, It's a great website.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
if i wanted to bash it i would, im stating what i don't like about it, since i build websites and do design for a living. i didn't just just say the website sucked, i gave reasons as to way i thought it wasn't very good.

im just saying that a website should show the value of your product, alot of times its the first impression people have of you.
Old    00wakesetter            03-29-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
personally it looks cheesy and awful. very amateur.

well since i get paid to be a designer i think my opinion matters more then most

the site is just very amateur, the navigation is way to big and it makes you feel stupid looking at it
i guess there is a reason why the boat companies put ugly graphics on their boats. they must appeal to the same people as the ugly websites do.

sanger is a reputable well known company, yet the website looks like it was built for about $500 by some guy in his garage

if i wanted to bash it i would

LOL!

Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-29-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Good one Kyle.
Old    00wakesetter            03-29-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
I hope you dont plan on selling to many shirts with your attitude.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
actually we sell lots of shirts and have dealers all around the world :-) enough shirts to pay for my boat and truck :-)

but thanks for the concern
Old    00wakesetter            03-29-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Good, Then go ride. Im not here to get into a pissing contest with anyone bro. Just be respectfull and if you have some critisim thats fine just do it in a way that doesnt sound like you are bashing someones site or product.

ps just be cool!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-29-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
He's just pissed because he has to ride behind a Moomba all the time. Sorry, sorry. I'm just kidding. How's their website I've never bothered to check.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-29-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Scott Pellaton, Sales Director for Sanger didnt get to bent out of shape about Entrust's comments.
Chill out. I think the website needs more pictures of the boat and I agree that it does have a cheap feel to it. One reason that they need a good webite is because here in Kansas we never get to see them in real life. I would love to see Sanger move east.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-29-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
hey i love my moomba :-)
moombas website is decent, it has nice layout but the functionality isn't quite where it should be.

i just get really upset over bad websites. it's like if you were an architect i'm sure you be upset seeing ugly buildings all the time.

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-30-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Sanger is moving East, they a have a dealorship in Minnasota and I belive 2 now on the east coast.

I believe what people are missing is that atleast they have heard us and are in the process of improving the website. (thanks Scott) I visited others and they were never up to date, example you could go to MC and not see the new X-2 to order but rather have to visit a dealorship until recently.

Sanger is a class act from top to bottom, they don't need to sugar coat their boats, personally if you make a decision to buy or even demo something based on the website alone, then you are the type that we call poser's.

The fact that thier web site has sucked for so long and they continue to have extremely high demand for thier boats only goes to show they built their name on QUALITY not QUANITY like others!
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-30-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Nobody is saying they make their boat decision based on a website, but its 2006 people.....not 1996.

Lets take a look at their competition's sites:
www.mastercraft.com
www.correctcraft.com
www.supraboats.com
www.moomba.com
www.tige.com
www.sessionsboats.com
www.malibuboats.com
www.centurionboats.com

Now compare those to
www.sangerboats.com

I'm sorry, that website is not indicative of a company that builds $50000 inboards.

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-30-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
exactly Ryan

your site should reflect your business. if i didn't know anything about sanger i would at that site for about 5 secs and say next.

it's just like i wouldn't go to meet with a potential client in ripped up jeans and a t shirt and expect them to feel comfortable giving me $20K to build their website or tradeshow booth

preception in reality in the eyes of many
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-30-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
I actually do agree. The website doesn't appear to have to much time/money invested. It is a big step up over the old site that didn't even showcase their current line-up or graphics.

One thing to keep in mind is how few boats they build. Sanger's total production is in the neighborhood of 400 boats. The are essentially a mom and pop boat company that builds a really great product. I'd be willing to bet that they don't even have a staff devoted to advertising and it's aparent in their website. Not only that, but I don't even think they have any pro-contracts and they don't pull any major tournaments. That just doesn't appear to be their interest. Now, would that keep me from buying one of their boats? Not at all. I'd actually be willing to say that people buy boats after a demo, not after looking at the companies website.

That said.... It is slightly lacking
Old    skippy_do            03-30-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
Wow, the opinions that people have! I learned a long time ago that you cannot please everyone. Yes MC, BU and the others have cool sites. They are also my job security. I hear stuff like this all the time "Jim, my boat is only three years old it should not be falling apart like this" or "The first time I went out the prop fell off" My guess is most people would rather have a better boat than a better website. So if someone is narrow enough to buy a boat by looking at a web site, great. I find that most of the people who really do their homework test ride, and don't fall for the billions of dollars of advertising that the big three spend. They usally love Sanger Boats. I heard a Sanger salesman say, "our boats sell themselves on the water. Not a web site."