Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       05-09-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Just needed some more info on this board....If anybody has ridden this board,i'd just like to know what ya think of it....from what i hear it has TONS of speed
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-09-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
I can tell you in my opinion it has the most pop from any board I have ever ridden, but a really different pop. Kind of floaty not straight up and down. Really fast for the rocker and edges differently than anything I have ridden. The way it feels to carve around on this board is really cool but it takes a bit to really figure out the edge and pop at the wake. Overall I think the construction of the rails and rocker on this board are not like an avg wakeboard. It is very unique and it is my personal fav. I have not ridden the 09 if that is what you are talking about though only the 07-08. You will not regret owning this board...I think the only people that dislike it are the ones that lack the fundamantals or don't give it time to learn how to set the edge on it. I think I could write a report on how kickass this board is. Truly makes me look forward to riding. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-09-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
I got the Ronix one and bindings. At first I did not like it one bit. After a few times riding it I love it now. Like Evan said it takes a little bit to get used to it. But in the long run I love this board.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-10-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
08 or 09? Two different shapes.
Old     (eric_z)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-10-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Love this board... Great pop, edges hard, but very forgiving on landings.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-10-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I have the '08 as well. Haven't ridden the '09. Like the others have said, it takes some getting used to. I'm still not quite used to it yet, but when I do hit the wake right, the pop is insane. Absolutely love the tracking and landings on this board.
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       05-10-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
im talking about the 09, saw at the shop, looks real sharp and clean
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-10-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
I rode one last year and really didn't like it. I only rode it once so maybe I didn't give it a chance to get used to it. A friend of mine rides it and loves it so I think it is personal preference. I thought the edging felt kind of strange but I guess if you get used to it it might be good. The one I rode felt tiny and it was a 138
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       05-11-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hello Eric,
I really think it depends on how you like to ride and how good of a rider you are. In the hands of an absolute pro the Ronix One is obviously fairly incredible.
My son and I both own a 2008 Ronix 1 (146cm). We are both intermediate riders and I own and ride about 15 different boards. My experiences with the Ronix 1 is a bit mixed. The short answer I think is, "its primarily a wake2wake rider and not very good for surface tricks". The good things about the Ronix are its good looks, pop, and tracking. Not many boards look as nice as it does and the tracking on this board and its rather strange pop is about as good as it gets. The dual 1 inch fins really grip the water which makes the landings easier than on most other boards. For just the simple joy of doing slow soul "S" turns behind the boat the Ronix is really fabulous here. The bad is, if you like a looser feel and ride, the Ronix does not excel here as it is difficult to break the fins loose for lip and board slides. The board also seems a bit fragile as I have seen several comments from other riders about their boards surface cracking on the top glass near the binding mounting holes, mine included. I think the Ronix, although not slow, is about average in the speed department as it is a fairly radical 3-stage rocker board, so it is generally not going to be as fast as most continuous rocker boards. I most often ride an O'Brien Natural, Hyperlite Era and a Gator Legend finless, as I like a consistent pop but also like the ability to butter out the board easily breaking the fins loose for surface tricks. The Ronix really does not allow this dual functionality easily. I still love my Ronix, I just don't use it as my main board. I ride the Ronix when I am trying to jump as high as possible or when I just want to slow cruise the wake behind the boat for the pure joy of riding.
Best Regards
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (ericdizzzle)      Join Date: May 2009       05-11-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
thanks alot, most likely gonna pick up the b-side, i want a more consistent ride rather then a user controlled ride, now all there is to do is pick up the board, boots, and wait for this weather to turn perfect
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-11-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
the 09 one has had subtle but effective shape changes to it. its been made faster, more consistant both carving and release off the wake, and the rounded edge has a slight bevel added to it for an easier time turning and setting and edge. it is not the fastest board in the line, probably would say the viva takes that, but its noticeably faster both gliding flat and on edge compared to the 07/08 One.
Old     (adenfoster)      Join Date: May 2009       05-12-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I would say that the '09 ONE is one of the best overall boards out there by far! Like Tom Paz said the Viva is the fastest in the Ronix line followed by the Ibex (personal thought) but the ONE is in no way a tank. It moves great and I have no issues with it releasing, wakeboard geezer mentioned. As a side note I have had no quality issues with any of the Ronix boards that I own, geezer mentioned this also, and I have a few friends with Ronix and they also have had no issues. Long story short the ONE is a great board!