Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
So I have been working on this project for a couple of weekends, but due to being interrupted a few times, I could not finish within 1 weekend. I will break down the install for you. This was done on an 2008 Centurion Avalanche C4. Enjoy.

Upload The package arrived from Superbright LED's fast and not a one was damaged or flawed.
Upload These are the wires that connect the factory LED.
Upload
Upload
Upload So what I did was clip the ends off, wire them together, solder then and shrink tape for a secure fit.
Upload This is the LED that came with the boat. Trashed it.
Upload This is the end result on one side. I used a 6 cluster LED. The 4 cluster was not enough to cover the entire area.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-24-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
looks nice!! what else are you doing to it?
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Now for the courtesy lights. This was a little tricky but I used and idea from a guy named Doug. It works great but be careful. I will explain.
Upload I took out the light and cut the ends.
Upload
Upload I then took a Dremel tool and cut a slot out of the back for the wire to fit through.
Upload
Upload I also has to shave down the LED to fit snug inside the lens.
Upload Add a little silicon and let it set up for a few minutes and it is completed. Screw the lens back on after everything is wired up and completed.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
The back hatches was easy. Since there was light there anyway, I just clipped and wired and placed a 6 cluster LED in the place. I even used the same screw holes.UploadUpload
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
I went ahead and pimped it a little more by adding a 9" strip LED that is water proof to the outside vents. This was fairly easy by just taking off the plate. Marking the area where the brackets would go and run the wire. Inside was a drain hole already cut in so I just ran the wire through it and tied it in to the 6 cluster on the inside of the hatch. The space is small for drilling, so I used the Dremel again and it worked like a charm. But go slow when drilling glass.
Upload
Upload Remeber to go on the inside of the hatch and cut off the screw that is exposed. I cut them off with the Dremel for a flush and smooth finish.
Upload
Upload
Upload Lights up nicely.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Now for the bow/front section. This was the hardest part of the install. So what I did was fished 2 wires from the drivers side up in the gunnels. There are small wire holders already in place from the factory, so I used them. It keeps the wire up and out of the way and looks like it came from the factory that way. I ran the wires all around the front and ended under the passenger hatch. I wired the end into a curtsey light that was already there. It created and open circuit but I closed it with and 3 step LED under the drivers side as you will see down this tread.
Upload This is an 4 Cluster LED. I also used a 3 LED Step under the front middle seat, but I do not likey. I am changing that out with a 6 LED cluster.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Now for the light show.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (svoruz)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-24-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
Nice work!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Looks good. Thanks for taking the time to share your project with us.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-24-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Ditto what Hate said.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-24-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
Hey man, nice work. Its funny we must have read up on the courtesy lights from the same resource.....what a pain that was! Did that nearly exact same install to my cyclone. I put one in the glove compartment, and passenger storage area as well. You should hook that up!!!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Mike: Next project is the Stereo. Everything should be easy, since all of the wiring is there. The one part that will take some time is cutting out the kick plate on the drivers side to install the sub box. The Amp rack will be somewhat easy also. I will have 4 amps all together and I will wall mount them.

Scott: Thanks!

Hat: Thanks... Stay tune, more to come.

(Message edited by colombiansurfer on December 24, 2008)
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Jay: thanks!

Chuch: I have one in the passenger side. It's a step LED on the sub that is in there. As for the glove box, my box is not that deep. I figured it would be a little too much.

I want to put some underwater lights in the back transom. Maybe 4 bulletline or abyss? Any suggestions on this?

As for the swim platform, I am not so lucky to have bolts that go through the hull. Right now I am brainstorming for ideas as to have it connected.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-24-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Pootie,

Bullet Lines for sure!!! If you are willing to go with 3 or 4 LEDs and mail me some high res pics (in and out of water) on CD that I can use for promotional purposes, I'll make you a deal. Email me: kland@bulletlines.com...

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines/Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (aidansdad)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Nice work David!! Can't wait to see that this spring on Harris. And Merry Christmas to you and Erika.
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-24-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Bien hecho, David. ¡Feliz Navidad a ti y Erika, no me puedo esperar un paisaje en tu lancha este verano, y el sonido, que chévere!
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-24-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
wow- that looks amazing. great job!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-24-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Matt, feliz navidad a ustedes tambien ..prospero ano nuevo y esperamos verlos muy pronto !!!!

Ken, lets talk more in detail about them. I will PM you my email.

Jason, thanks and Merry Christmas to you and yours also! Can't wait for March!

Thanks Ray!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
I don't doubt Kens UTL's are nice but I have Abyss 600B's and like them a lot they are very very bright and are very easy to install and if you hook up with the lady on ebay you can get them for $200 shipped per pair. If you're stepping up the the 1200 or 1500's then Kens can't compare.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Thanks Hate, I have done a little research on both and it looks like Ken's has a little better specs. Not by much, but just a little. I searched Ebay for Abyss and on here and found that they both do the job, and it is all about price. My thing is that I have one light on the back of the boat now, but I do not know if it is a through hull or not. It came from Centurion like that. I am hoping that it is not so I can change it out with one or the other. Either way, I am looking at installing at least 2 of them if not 4. But $200.00 is a good price shipped for a pair.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
This is her on Ebay ABYSS LIGHTS

I purchased them outside if ebay from her and saved. See what Ken can do and her either way I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-25-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Hate, I will check her out!
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-25-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Checkin her out huh? ;)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-25-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
that looks awesome
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
haha Gerald. Does anyone know if Centurion's underwater light is through hull or not?
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-31-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
These are the LED lights that I added to my 09 enzo 230. 9'' Long Flexable and water-proof strips. They only cost me $7 each at a local store.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload