Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to test the still frigid water temps? It may not be cold everywhere, but it is on our (the inlaws) lake. It's 75 acres of bass and wakeboarding heaven and NO other boats.

We are looking for some other families to ride with, anywhere of course. We're looking for new friends I guess. Damn that sounds lame, but we have a kid now so we need some similar homies.

We have a Supra Launch SS by the way. Not sure it matters, but everone always plugs their boat.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-29-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Eric,

Which lake? I'm in the Boulder/Denver area.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-29-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
By the way, water temps are just fine now in the Denver area. I was out on Standley about a week and a half ago and it was in the 60's.
Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
The inlaws own a sand and gravel company and have a lake that was mined back in the day. It's about 14 miles north of Broomfield. It's pretty sick. Not the most ideal shape for riding, but it works well. We try and drive in a triangular shape to maximize runs. The lake is shaped like a weird peanut with one smaller section we can't go in because there is an irrigation system that gets backed up when we get too close.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-29-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Eric, were you at the Windsor tournament last year?
Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
No and I didn't make it to the meet and greet at Standley on the 26th either.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-29-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
right on. i met a bro at that tournament named Eric. i flew up from OKC, but i'm a Denver local at heart
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
We were up at Horsetooth on Sunday and let's just say 'Damn!' the water was COLD!! I and one other boarder trunked it! Sloans is descent and I bet Pueblo is looking good.
Old     (deeluk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-29-2008, 10:29 PM Reply   
Boyd was 59 last weekend. Trunked it on Sat and Sun. Not too bad. Air temps in the 80s help a lot. 3 kiddies here too. They usually make me pull out the tube. But our oldest (9) has gotten up a few times and is at least willing to try. I bet she'll stay up for a while this year (on the wakeboard that is).

Orange and blue Moomba Mobius LSV. My new best friend just got a Malibu VTX. Can't wait to ride behind that thing. Another buddy has a Supra 21V that we go out on a lot.
Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
We'll have to coordinate something in a few weekends. Leaving for Playa Del Carmen tomorrow for the week so she'll be put up until we get back.

Hey Derek. Did you or your buddy get your boats from Sidewayz Marine? If you guys did, was it a good deal? I want to sell ours after this season and go with the V drive, but they seem pretty far out there on price. The payments on ours are only $315 (60 months). Every time I run numbers with local dealers, they're so far off on payments it's crazy and we're talking a 120 month note. It's so hard for me to justify paying top dollar to have a great in storage half the year or more. Just curious though.

I'll try and set something up when I get back from vacation.
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
We ride the Boulder Res. It was fairly warm 2 weeks ago, then last week the run off cooled things down. Nothing you can't suck up and ride though.
Old     (deeluk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
I got my LSV there and my buddy with the VTX used to have an Outback that he got there. I'm not the best deal maker, so I probably didn't get a great deal on our boat. It's an '04. I got it for around 40K. My friend is quite the negotiator. His was an '05 Outback direct drive. I think he paid around $35K. Both pretty well loaded.
Old     (175xt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
We've been riding at our Private lake north of Longmont which is currently about 62, but it's gonna drop as soon as the runoff starts coming in. Hit me up, it's always nice to know more people that ride. I have a 2008 Tige 20V.
Old     (deeluk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Where is that runoff anyway? Boyd is still pretty low. I think they ran water to it for 10 minutes or so a few weeks ago. Horseshoe, private lake right next door, is full to the brim. I hear Horsetooth is pretty full too.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-30-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
25 she is 21 kid is 10 mo. love to ride, need new friends too.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-30-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
hey im moving to colorado springs on the 15th.. i dont know ne one who boards, so if anyone is willing to get to know me and help with some pulls, i would like to meet some people who wakeboard and i am willing to help out with gas and everything that goes along with getting things ready and cleaning up afterwards. it would be cool to meet some new friends.
Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Nice. I'll get something put together in a couple weeks. We rock out a PL just off I-25 and Highway 119.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Was at Carter Lk. yesterday, very cold! The lake has filled up and they have completed the work to the dam at the North end. They are also building a brand new marina and facilities at the North launch. Looks real nice. Their were only about 5-6 boats on the lake yesterday.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-30-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
J.J.- Did you and the wife get into the new house?
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Kraig,
Not yet.... A few changes in our plans. Originally we were going to move back to Michigan (Traverse City). That was right around the time of the Meet & Greet. Plans changed, my job is staying here (and the West coast area) so we started looking at new homes around this area. Found a few that we really like and doing the home loan stuff as we speak. It takes forever to do a loan anymore.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Kraig,
Also wanted to say sorry about the lack of communication lately. I have just been neck deep in work. I am covering CO,WY,MT,UT,AZ and making trips to the headquaters in Lake Tahoe.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Have a great weekend all!
~Out
Old     (broomfieldco)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
That's nice to hear about Carter. The only time i've been out was not a good experience. Congrats on the new home. Imagine trying to sell real estate in this market (which I do), let alone trying to get a home loan (which sucks). I know a few lenders if you want to shop your rate. I'm starting a new sales gig with Transamerica on June 9th. What do you all do for a living. I know, who cares, just curious though.

We should try and have a WW BBQ at one of the spots around. I'm still trying to convince the in laws to allow other boats on the PL, but we can always use the trusty Supra on the private lake. I'm sure nobody would want to roll the Supra if you've got something better.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-30-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
I am in! Hit me up.
Old     (deeluk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
I had a pretty bad experience at Carter too. Seems to get really crowded. Maybe even worse than Boyd. Almost got runover by some drunken yahoo after a fall a couple of years ago. Went to Horsetooth this afternoon. Water temp was 58. A bit nippy but definitely trunkable. Water was decent. Got a bit choppy towards the end.
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-30-2008, 11:02 PM Reply   
Eric,
It is just one of those things... The market is flooded right now and getting a loan is tuff but we managed to find a lender/realator that is good. Helps to know people.
The crazy thing is, we found an an amazing house back in Michigan (where our family is from) on 10 acres, lake property for around $250- .... You can't touch that here! Bu then again, it's not the Colorado lifestyle either.
Ya, I agree about the whole Carter lake thing with freaks! You just have to hit it on the right days I guess. I live 10 minutes from the lake so it's easy to get mid week time in (when I am home). Weekends..... 4 get it. The lake is a joke.
I would be up for rollin' in the Supra on the private lake. These days all I am good for is wake surfing anyway (after last winter busted up my body).
Planning on heading to Powell for Bro-Stock at Powell in June if anyone wants to catch a ride.
~JJ
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-31-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
jeff i thought that the boat wasn't running? good luck with the home loan!!
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-31-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
No, the boat is running fine. I just had to summerize it last week. Changed the oil, plugs and did a tune up. I had some custom work done to the interior, put in some led lights and a few other things. She is running great.
The home loan is almost a done deal. Just waiting for the underwrighter to finish the paper work.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
We might be hitting up Horsetooth tomorrow, I am just dying to get in and do something!!! I live in Thornton, work in Loveland so if anyone is riding after work let me know!