Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
I received my Shred Stixx on Friday. Since then we've been ripping it up here in ATX. I love the board and can't begin to explain how much fun it is to ride. Much better than what we're used to. Thanks to Jerry P. for putting up with my calls and getting an excellent product out on the market!!!

Peace out, James
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Jerry is a great guy. Very down to earth. Enjoy the new stixx
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-24-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
We just bought a Ja Mako. Love it. Pictures to follow!
Wadd$
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Hey James,
Where in Austin do you ride? LA or Travis?
We are on LA all the time with a couple of the Inland Boards as well as a Walzer... Blue, Black and White Malibu... say hi if you see us out on the water...
Matt
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-25-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
We are usually on Lake Austin. But we've been riding on Travis a lot lately. We'll be on LA this week though during the day.

(Message edited by jcollinge on June 25, 2007)
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Thanx Guys, Your making me blush. Post some pics if you can. Would love to see them. Check this out, Mika, Owner of "Sports Creel" in Spokan, WA, one of my best stores, carries all the Stixx models, Told me yesterday, his favorite Stix is the "Ja Mako". Mika is 260 lbs!!!!!!! Had no idea that board worked for riders that size. Especially after seeing Dennis ride it in a pic Walker posted. Blew me away!! Thanx for the R+D Mika!! TX and CA crew, "Shred it or Dread it"
Old    surfdad            06-27-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Jerry, do you typically recommend the JaMako for folks that size, or do you normally send them over to the Blowfish?

Where is Johnboy, he needs to start posting pictures! :-)
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Hay Jeff, NO way! the 5'8" is what I would recommend for riders that weight. Mika is young and aggressive and must have a really good wake. See you tomorrow at "Surfest" at Disco Bay. Everybody is welcome. A non official event. Just a bunch or people wakesurfing and having a fun time, Thur, Fri. and Sat. For more info call me at number on web site.
Old    surfdad            06-27-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
Yeah, I love my JaMako. I even flew it back to MN for a contest because I was unsure of wake quality. Works well for us small folks when the wake is crappy.

I am talking with Greg Mallek over at Tigeowners, he said he might let us borrow his Hazen Pro model, I'm dying to get my hands on one for a few rides.

My JaMako in MN behind Jason's Enzo from last year.

Upload
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Jeff, You will have a chance to ride it tomorrow. Just got the newest version this weekend. Has the Future Fins Suspention System in it. Most drive we have ever experienced!! Can't wait to see James on it too. The cameras will be clicking. Gotta go deliver Stixx to a new store in Pleasanton. Back about noon. Mika, post some pics! we,re dying to see!!! Jeff. I take it you glassed the nose back on after running over it? Don't feel bad, I ran over one yesterday on my front lawn. SNAP!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (sportscreel)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hey everyone... big thanks to Jerry, one for the props, two for making the sickest boards on the water. I do love my Ja Mako... so fun and fast, no pics as of now... but they'll be coming. Northwest wakesurfers represent! Oh yeah, Jerry... we'll be patiently waiting for a Shred Stixx Northwest Demo... let me know!
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-27-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
Jeff, I have a Ja Mako and some Thresher's that I will have at the contest if you don't want to fly one with you.

and yes Jerry is da man
Old    surfdad            06-27-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Jason, in prior years they used that X-star for the wakesurfing which is why I flew the JaMako out - now that I know we will have your Enzo, I'm good. But thanks. Hey, I want to make sure that we have that day before the contest set aside for surfing!!!!!! :-)

Jerry, are you talking about the vector suspension system? Like in this picture?

http://members.tripod.com/WEBWEAVR/futures/blanks.htm

That's sick. Can't wait to see it.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-27-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Here is a pic...

/link{Chris on the Stixx}http://picasaweb.google.com/james.collinge/AustinJune07/photo#5080816334944907074
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
I,m sorry Jeff, Yes Vector. I'm getting senile. I use both.
Old    surfdad            06-27-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Holy Crap dude! That is serious innovation for behind the boat. Just so that folks can get a better idea it ties the whole board together, pic below.

How do we lowly folks get access to these innovative Stixx?

Upload
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       06-27-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Jeff,
You will be riding one tomorrow. Bring fire retardant suit!!!!!!! This thing smokes.
Old    surfdad            06-27-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Cool - check for pic's the day after, folks! :-) Thanks bro
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-28-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Still waiting on the pics!
Wadd$
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
I don't understand what I'm looking at here.
Old    surfdad            06-29-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
That's not a great picture, is it?

This might help, from Futures website:

http://www.futuresfins.com/futures.html

Click on the "Suspension System" link on the left.

Also check this picture of the SS CH Pro:

Upload
Old    surfdad            06-29-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
I can't speak to anything but the general mechanics of this system. What it does is connect all the fin boxes together. You can see the black stripe on the bottom of the board.

Typically when you install futures fin boxes, you use a template to route the hole for the box to fit into the shaped blank. It looks like that is what Jerry had done on this board and that the suspension system is installed connecting the front of each of the boxes.

As I mention in describing the SS CH Pro, it felt like there was a BUNCH of energy stored in the fins. It seemed like the flex of the board/fin combination was harnessed and transferred to the other fins with each pump.

Hopefully those two pictures give you a better idea what is happening with the system.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
Damn it all! Now how much is this going to cost me? All of the sudden the board I ride just plain sucks!
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-01-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
I have a bunch more. Just making sure I sized it for the post. New Ja Mako
Wadd$
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-01-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
I'll try again later. I just bought Roxio.
Wadd$
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-01-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-02-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Here is the new 07 Ja Mako Epoxy. This was our first time out on it at Berryessa.The pic in my last post is also the JA Mako.
Wadd$
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-13-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
that's cool stuff. Stixx stayin on the cutting edge of surf innovations.