Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    theflyinburrito            06-14-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
anyone now whats the best way to weigh this boat down.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
800lb Get High sack in the ski locker. 550lb sacks on either side of the motor. 100lbs of lead under the left rear seat pad. Fill the back sacks about 1/2 full for a rampy more transitional wake, and all the way full for a steep hard wake.

(Message edited by SEATTLE on June 14, 2004)
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-14-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
I would like to hear other peoples setups as well. My friend has one and we load it like this-
Ski Locker in front floor- Two 550 pound sacs
Factory tanks in back- full i think those are 250 each
Fat Buddy sacs next to engine on top of tanks- 250 each
The wake seems ok but I thought it would be bigger. Plus we have to run really long on the rope. I usually ride at 75 feet plus the handle on my boat and it seems way to short for this set up. Last year I put in another extension taking it back to 80 plus the handle I think I could have used one more. I am not sure the speed we are going but I would guess 24-25. Anyone else who has this boat let hear your setup.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
Stan,

Your running too much weight in the locker, this is causing the wake to ramp way out.

It's not a matter of just adding weight, you need to have balance. The common rule of thumb I use is 60/40. If you put more than 60% in the locker you'll ramp the wake out. If you have more than 40% in the rear, the wake will get extremely vertical, and wash out on the top.

I used to run 2200lbs, and I always had one or the other issues above. Now I run 1900lbs, and have a firm wake with just enough transition to pop me up consistently.

As far as rope length, I ride at eighty feet including the handle. My wake is great at that length, but any further out, and it starts to crumble.

If your riding at 24-25 you must be screaming on the water. I don't know anyone that rides any faster than 22.5-23.
Old    theflyinburrito            06-14-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
cliff why the 100 lbs of lead on 1 side?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-15-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Josh,

Mob-V's need just a little more weight on the left side for perfect wake balance. Seems odd, but if you don't put that weight back there, the switch side wake has a little wash on the top. I think it might have something to do with the prop rotation???