Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-11-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
so i was cruising ebay and saw a 138 watson Fly for $300 as the starting bid, so i put a bid in without any thought.
today i got an email saying that i won the board, so i looked into it a little more.
first of all, the person i bought it from had zero feedback and the account was created in the middle of last month. this made me think a little bit, especially because there really wasnt much description on his account or about the board itself.
secondly, the board was a blem board, so i emailed the guy and asked what the blem was and he got back to me pretty quick, which made me feel a little better about the situation.
BUT, i just got like 7 emails from the guy saying that he is currently in the United Kingdom sighing a "business contract" and paypal doesnt work for him and i have to do a money transferr. this is the first part of the email
-"Unfortunately, after the listing closed I got Notification from both, eBay and Paypal and I must warn you that you cannot pay thru Paypal as usual. Had I known there's was going to be a problem with my account, I wouldn't have put paypal in my listing, so once again I apologize for the inconvenience this may caused you. For the moment I am located in United Kingdom because I have to sign a contract with a company and I know the mainspring of the paypal problem was caused because my account was accessed from different locations, while traveling to UK. Because I am located in United Kingdom one of my employees will take care about the shipping process or he can bring the item to your address."

i did get emails from paypal telling me this same thing, but this whole situation seems kindof sketchy.
im an Ebay rookie, so any assistance on this would be awesome.
thanks a lot!