Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-04-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hi all,

I am the proud (surrogate) owner of a Larson LXi 210 I/O. Tower and all!! While it is not a DD or VD, it actually puts up an ok wake (I happen to like a wide wake thank you!!), when held at the right speed. Because of the difficulty keeping speed on an I/O, even with Bravo III twin props, my parents, I mean I, got perfect pass wakeboard digi pro. Problem is, marina had never installed before. They handed us the boat, said everything works well (including PP) and we were off. Well, after the break-in, god that took a long time, we finally put the boards on the racks and set off!! Unfortunatly the PP doesn't work!!! First we tried adjusting the kd and nn; nothing. Then we popped the engine cover and tried to do the "homing" : key off, tighten clockwise, counter clockwise one full turn, turn key on, servo should "home" . . . . nothing.

Right now the marina is playing with it, they were going to call PP. They SHOULD be able to fix it, but if not, I was looking for any input from folks who may have experienced similar problems. Thanks for any of your help.

Oh yeah, one last thing, PP should work on this engine (MerCruiser 5.0 MPI 260HP Bravo III) as cobalt sells the same engine drive with PP as a factory option (PP is not an official option on Larsons)
Old     (stevem)      Join Date: May 2002       06-05-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hi Thomas,

If your marina tech can't figure it out just send email to PerfectPass directly at techsupport@perfectpass.com. I had a couple of issues with my setup and the guys at PerferctPass were great to work with. They asked me to try a couple of things to see what happens, and then they diagnosed the problem correctly the first time and sent me the replacement part I needed at no cost.