Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (kelso012)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
I am looking around at different boats and came across a 2005 centurion elite v for around 250 a month. It seems like the cheapest one around does it seem like a good deal. Know of any others good deals anywhere? I was also kind of looking for a used boat that could be fixed up any ideas on where I could find one of these.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-12-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Kelsey, what is the asking price for the boat? What type of amortization is the loan and what is the rate? Boats are depriciating assets. Some hold their value better than others. Just because you find a low monthly payment does not mean it is a good deal. You could find yourself upside down on the boat very quickly, i.e. you owe more than it is worth.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
If you can get a 2005 Elite V for 250 a month and it a fixed loan with a low rate and no penalites for early pay off. It is a smoking deal. What does the boat have on it?
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
yeah, you definately have to provide more info than that Kelsey. I just sold my 03' elite V and was paying $303 per month @ 6.5% after throwing down 10%. Where do you live and where are you shopping? Is the eilte brand new or pre-owned? I found the elite-v held it's value pretty well considering the price at which I bought it (about 35k total) and the price at which i sold it (about 34k). $250 is a pretty good payment but seems low, unless you're putting down more than 10%.
Old     (kelso012)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input, but I havnt gotten into all the technical aspects which is something i will have to look into I guess i am looking more for do you think an elite v is a quality wakeboarding boat and worth looking into. Also if anyone knows of any boats that are in need of TLC that just need some fixing up please let me know.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
All of the Centurions are quality products.
The Elite V is a proven Centurion and has been in the line for years. The all new Elite V C4 is based on the Avalanche hull and has a great Wake!

Go for a demo ride you.

Personally I would never make a decision based solely on the monthly payment.

You need to know what you are paying for the boat.
how long the loan is what the interest rate is etc
Old    hbfabco            08-12-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
FIND OUT THE TERM OF THE LOAN ALSO!! Some places try to not even talk about the price of the boat but try and sell you on the monthly payments. What they to is give you the price of some outrageous term, sometimes up to 30 years, explaining the low monthly payments but really you end up paying for the boat 3 and 4 times over.

(Message edited by hbfabco on August 12, 2005)
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-12-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
30 years?? Are places actually doing that for Inboard ski/wake boats? The most I have heard of is 15, but with the prices it should be considered a mortgage!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
Go for the shortest term loan possible.

Look at Centurions that are 1, 2, and 3 years old and see what they are selling for. This could demonstrate what you will loose on the boat over the next few years.

My friend did a long term loan with little money down. 4 years later with 600 hours on the boat, he had to pay off 12,000 to sell his boat. The boat was worth 30,000 and he still owed 42,000. Bad situation! If you can't afford a short term loan, you might want to consider used boats because you'll loose less money. A boat can depreciate as much as 10,000 in 1-2 years. Meanwhile you're still paying interest on a boat that is worth much less than the loan.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Also, Consider looking at Sanger Boats. Same price range, and very solid boats with great wakes.
Old    sking55405            08-13-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
I agree with j-rod sangers are a very quality boat and the are a pretty cheap boat. The V215 would be a good choice . Th V210 is also a great boat but it lost a lot of options.. so my 2 cents
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
Not to bash Centurion, but IMO the Sanger is a much better buy. But would probably be just as happy with an elite if the deal was right.
Old     (kelso012)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-15-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
thanks I dont think ill be buying a new boat anytime soon its just going to end up costing me to much money right now. ill just keep looking for some used deals.