Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2006, 12:40 AM Reply   
I've been really interested in the Wego kite tube since I saw it in the mall the other day. I read a forum on ww and had a lot of people talking about the possible dangers of it...

I thought, hogwash, but decided to google video search for some examples of the tube in action. Check this video out. Hurts so good...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3662795352661557160&q=wego

http://www.wakeboardfanatic.com

Che
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-07-2006, 12:56 AM Reply   
this was posted last week by the guy who taped it. If anything it makes me want to buy it even more.
Old    catfishh            05-07-2006, 6:08 AM Reply   
That thing is so awesome, I can't wait to try it out!!! Can't be no different then face planting from ten feet up on a wakeboard!!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-07-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
one of my riding buddies rode one last weekend at a demo day in fort fremont and busted his eardrum...

still would like to try it!
Old    catfishh            05-07-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
Oh yeah that's just a fluke...never happen again..Yeah right..
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-07-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
We have a guy on our forum who also screwed up his ear/hearing on one of those things.

As I tell everyone, buy and ride one of these now. By the end of the summer, either the company will be shut down (lawsuits) or the Coast Guard/DNR will shut that crap down. Wait til someone flies into an oncoming boat.
Old    catfishh            05-07-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
well the federal law already reads that you are to maintain a state of responsible control while waterskiing and other watersports or you can get a ticket for acting in a wreckless manor. If you can get a ticket for railsliding on a homemade rail then I don't see how you can fly 20+ feet in the air and not get noticed! Like you said, only a matter of time..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Guys....can't you aleady see some idot pulling one of these down the Delta?

That dood would have landed on the levee and died!
Old    mplv            05-07-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
i know a world class skiier that was doing the testing for them that got a concussion from it
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-07-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
How about fying one of those into a bridge. I was thinking about buying one, but then I started thinking about how stupid some of my friends would get behind the boat with it. Also who would drive my boat when I wanted to try it. Imagine gunning it with the kite tube behind the boat, it would shoot striaght up and barrel roll for sure. It would spit you out at 40ft and fling you like a rag doll. I have already blown out my eardrum wakeboarding, it hurts like hell.
Brannon