Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
ok, so my next addition to my boat is going to be a tower. I would like to see a few different tower styles that will fit on my boat first though. I have a 1982 Ski Nautique. If any of ya'll have pictures of a ski nautique with a tower could you post it up, and if possible a link to buy the tower. Thanks ahead of time.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-25-2007, 11:04 PM Reply   
http://www.the2001.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album08&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

2 pages of towers one SN2001's
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2007, 1:13 AM Reply   
You have one choice and one choice only a FCT replica.
http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/galleries/nautique/82-86_Ski.html#
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-26-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
thats true- newdimension towers look sick and are actually are very durable..never heard of a problem with them.lots of talk about them on ccfan and planetnautique..dont waste your money on one thats gonna squeak pivot etc(monster joystick etc)
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-26-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
I got lucky and found this on ebay. $1000 into it with paint and I love it. It came off of a '05 211 and I cut 10" out of the middle and had to put different feet on the back. Upload
Upload
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
mine was custom made.. no issues at all

Upload
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-26-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
leo- who made your tower, and what did it run you?..looks really nice i must say
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Warlock accessories in rancho did it.. got hooked up tho.. its a air cannon tower fit to the boat.. all installed with racks and bimini top.. i do not want to give out the price cause it was a friend's deal...

it folds down too..
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-30-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Moster tower. Used loc-tite. No squeeks or rattling. Never come loose 2 yrs.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-30-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
On that note, I've had a Joystick for 4 seasons, no squeeks yet....
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Not that I would say its the best tower or anything but my Joystick tower is (and has been) rock solid in the two years I've owned it. For the $$ I have no complaints at all. The only reason I wouldn't recommend it is if someone had to fold it down often.

While I love the look of a FCT and agree there is nothing better for a nautique, there is no way I could justify spending $2k for a tower on a <$10k boat.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-30-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
The NDT is well worth the money. Any penny you put into this boat, if you do it right, you will get back out. I did.

Besides. no offense to the rest of you, all the other towers look second rate.

Here is a pic or two.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

I would also spend the extra on the TowerBimini. They are rock solid and will also add tremendous value to your boat.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-30-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
In case you're wondering, I bought my boat for $9,000 and sold it for $12,000. Guess how much the tower and bimini cost?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-30-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
Sick boat Derby. I hope mine comes up as bad arse
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-31-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
If you want it to look good you cant be afraid to spend money. Think of it as an investment. This is the only boat that I know of that will appreciate over time. I can see an 80's 2001 20years from now going for $11,000 to $15,000.

The only thing that didn't add value was the the stereo. And what I had in there was all custom and sounded and hit harder and cleaner then most of the other boats I've had the pleasure to ride in. Even with their ridiculously expensive systems.

All this talk makes me miss mine. It was a great boat. It was just a little too small for me ad the gang.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
True Derby. These boats are definately going to appreciate. Especially the ones in good shape, or the ones completely restored (hopefully). Here is mine, I couldn't afford the FCT and Joystick gave us a huge discount because we were a club.Upload
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-31-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
You guys got to save your pennies and roll with the pole for an extra month or two so you have the dough to do it right. In leo's case...never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Nice motor work too Leo. I'd switch out mirror. Then you can slap a couple speakers on the dash.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I have some wetsounds for the tower, you don't need any interior speakers with those. I am still waiting to get an amp, our last setup was jacked.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-31-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I have a monster tower. Works well, squeeks but oh well. If i were to do it all over again i would get the joystick tower. The FCT towers looks sick but they cost 2k. Also i needed a tower that can fold flat. Monster tower does and they were reasonably priced

second pick is set up for surfing

Upload
Upload