Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-11-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
I tried on the alphas today and they weren't stiff enough or big enough. Anyone know where I can get a pair of 2004 EXO's. I emailed Wakeside and they haven't got back to me yet. Anyone else riding the new EXO's and how do you like them? I would love transits, but once agian, do they even make a xxl?
Old    devastate            05-11-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
try www.buwake.com i think they have them, otherwise you could try www.boardersparadise.com or if you get realy desperate.... ebay

John
Old    larkin            05-12-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
I ride the 04 exos and love them. However, I rode the Transits last weekend and if you don't mind spending a little more the Transits are quite possibly the most comfortable and supportive boot out there. They also run large, so you may be able to get away with an XL.

Try before you buy, had I tried the transits first, I would have bought them.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Adam, do you say the EXO's run large compared to the alpha or just in general? Or do you mean the transits run large. My problem wasn't in the ankle, but in the baseplate being too short. I have very flat and long feet with an abnormally deep heel. So its hard to find a good binding. The only shop in my area has terrible service, so its almost impossible to get any help there.
Old    larkin            05-12-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
Mark,
I think the exo's run a tad large, I normally wear an XL but I wear a L with the Exo. I've not worn the Alpha.

The Transits I think run large as well. I wore a Large and there was a ton of room in them. In fact, I probably could have gotten away with a M.

That sucks your local shop isn't good, try one of the online sites that will let you try them and if you don't like them, send it back.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
The House (the-house.com) is my local shop and I have no problem bad mouthing them here. They only have the 03 exo's. I'm wondering if I should run out there and try those on, then order the 04's online. Do you know if they made any improvements from the 03 to 04 season?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       05-12-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
For 04, the Exos have the new inner neoprene/lycra sleeve, which adds quite a bit of comfort. The baseplate is also new- same as on the Alphas and Ultras. I'm pretty sure we have the XL Exo in stock at our showroom location at WakeWater Sports in Glyndon, MN, too. Let me know if you need any pricing or other information.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-12-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Mike, thanks, but thats like over a 4 hour drive. Can you match Wakeside at $225 shipped?