Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
when you are riding with a crew of at least 6?...the reason i ask is because theres only seating on the left hand side of the boat..does this throw the wake off at all?..thanks

also whats the white thing on the right side on the floor..looks like an ice chest maybe??no clue/

(Message edited by poserondubs on May 23, 2006)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
Pop bags are great for balancing the wake and that is a step not a cooler.
Old    walt            05-23-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
Drew,

Pop bags are small bags full of steel shot that weigh about 40 pounds each. Like Ed said they work great to even out the weight.
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
cool..thanks...but is that a common issue with the x1's...
Old    walt            05-23-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
It's a common issue with most boats if the load is un-even. The X1 has one of the best wakes out there IMHO.
Old    walt            05-23-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Drew,

If you want to know how to properly weight a X-1 Big Ed, J-Rod or Evan can tell you how to set it up.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-23-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Walt, I am also currious on how to properly weight an X-1. How can I get in contact with these guys? Thanx bro
Old    walt            05-23-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
I'm sure at least one of them will post soon.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-23-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Drew,

- Jrod / Evan / Bid Ed have been running this model hard for a couple years & run in the 2K range if I am corrrect. They're gonna have the most 411 but this is my setup, a lil 411:

- The white thing is just a step / kick panel...

- I recently picked up an 05 X2 & can also recomend the POP bags ( http://www.pop-products.com/ ) they work great & are super easy to move around... I run a crew of 4/5 + 520 in lead + stock ballast and the wake is big. Not huge but big, its a happy medium for me, easy to drive & steer, decent GPH & big enough to stomp anything I can....

Options
- add more lead to one side
- dont fill passanger tank
- 1/2 fill passanger tank
- Ice chest behind driver

Current Setup:

REAR
250 ballast + 120 lead (passenger)
250 ballast + 120 lead ( driver)

CENTER
350 lb ballast

NOSE
160 lead ( driver )
120 lead ( passanger )
50 ( ice chest )

- Lzy
Old    walt            05-23-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
Lzy,

Is this your boat ?

Upload
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
thanks so much...if thats your boat...that thing looks soo sick..

DRew
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-23-2006, 10:55 PM Reply   
yeah..thats a great looking x2
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone...

Walt - GREAT shot, shes sitting a lil high but as the year progresses well load her down w/ more weight.

Drew - no worries, I am happy to help. I haven't brought the digi out with me lately but here is some old pics of the boat & wake before I got the lead in ( only 4 total crew as well ). The color is a red metal flake & looks like 2 diff boats. @ night it looks deep dark red, in the sun it sparkles, I like it cause it;'s different - don't see too many like it. They also make a blue flake thats sick IMO.

Side Shots:
Upload
Upload

Stock Wake:
Upload
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Aaron, great looking boat. I like the red flake and blue flake. I hope you never scratch it, I hear it's difficult to repair...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Bryan,

LOL funny ya mention that.....

My trailer guide pole caps came up missing one afternoon at the ramp, happend to be a steep ramp & the didnt work properly =( I got couple scratches thru the gel, wasn't stoekd on it but what are you gonna do. It's a scratch, stressing over won't do anything but bring ya down & we had a good afternoon so all is well. I gave it my best repairing / wet sand / polish / etc & it's barely noticable now. Taking her up to Shasta this weekend, will post some pics of the boat/wake/setup when i get back. L8R

Lzy
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
B - just noticed your profile pic ;) sick.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Drew, to answer your questions. It's pretty easy to move around the people weight to clean up the wake. You just have to direct traffic in your boat, i.e. tell them where to sit. As far as the white thing. I think it's just a small step. As in your supposed to go to the dock on the drivers side and it's a small step so people don't step on your vinyl? That's my guess. It does look like the worlds smallest ice chest, but it doesn't open. Continued threadjack: Here is a pic of mine........

Upload
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-24-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
the flake looks soo good on wakeboarding boats..i like it alot..
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-24-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
So do bass.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-24-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Beautiful boats Lzy & Bryan!!! I really like the red flake. You dont know how long I spent trying to open that step on mine, lol. It does look like it should open though...
Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-24-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
here is my boat.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Timothy nice boat in the pro; few questions for you as we just got our X-1 Saturday... What are the long straps with buckles on the cover that are near the rear tower mount for?? And also what did you put between your transom tie downs and the gelcoat? foam???
Thanks and sorry for the threadjack
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-25-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Byrd - I had a couple friends wiht the same hull so never tried to open it myself but EVERYONE new on my boat does - LOL! I was thinking about building a custom seat / icechest / storage area w/ backrest against the drivers seat but we will see.....

Wakeslife -
Attachment Clips - Your cover should have included 2 4 foot straps w/ built in clips. They clip into the cover and fasten / tied down to the trailer - hope that helps. Tie down - you can use carpet, foam, gator grip, or purchase tiedowns with rubber coatings.

Take care - LZY

(Message edited by lzyboy on May 25, 2006)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
The iridescent gel scheme is beautiful out on the water. I have it on my boat as well. There is one huge downside to it though. If you damage the gel, it's next to impossible to just fix the damage and make it look right. The metal flake is in the clear gel over the color, and every boat has it's own distinct blend. The only way to fix damage correctly is to have the entire side of the boat re-done.