Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
as the title says im going into my first comp this weekend. i have never ridden behind a wakeboard boat before so im really excited but very nervous at the same time. i only have a couple tricks so im looking at this as more of a way to get behind the boat try out some of my skills and see how i do, rather than looking at it as a competition. so.... what should i expect (wake size) and what can i do to prepare myself for what i presume is going to be a real shock. also here is my plan for my runs:

Pass 1

hs air, ts air, hs stalefish, ts indy, hs 180

Pass 2

half cab hs 180, hs 180 nose, ts 180, hs tail poked or attempt at 360, ts tail or 360 attempt.

depending on what kind of time i have left and if i can be brave enough i may give a hs backroll a try
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
we are in just about the same boat. My first comp. is also this weekend. I had never ridden behind a wakeboard boat until last weekend. I met a rider on here who had an '07 X-Star and he invited down for a day to ride. Let me tell you, you are going to be truly amazed by the size of the wake that they throw. It took me about 2 runs to get up the courage and start hitting it as hard as normal. Your going to be in for a real shocker, but comp's are supposed to be fun so don't sweat it too much.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-12-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Why not grab those airs?