Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-10-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
2007 MIdwestCoast Summerfest hosted by: Wakeboard Nebraska

anybody attending this weekend??? i'll be there friday-monday, should be a good time!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
You know I will be there.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
I'll be there, hopefully. Can you still sign up to compete?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-10-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
ill see you there jp..we might be getting in alittle later then we thought..but i'll hit you up friday night..one of my buddies from the band "slang 5" is dj-ing at a bar down there so ill give ya a call when we get in..
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Garret if you sign up online you can save $15. If you sign up at the event it costs a cool $50. Go to http://www.midwestcoastsummerfest.com/details/divisions.php to sign up.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
I'll be there with the wifey...Haven't been to the fest before. We're taking the boat, is there plenty of room to anchor and watch the tourney from the boat and/or tie up to a pier?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
I'll be there camping on site Fri-Sun with the whole family. I get to compete against my 15 yo!

Got an email Monday and it sounds like they still have spots open and they really are trying to get more for the femle division. Ladies time to step it up!

pwork: Plenty of room to anchor and watch.

edit: Anybody have room for a couple of quick pulls Friday evening? Do they have practice pulls?

(Message edited by bmartin on July 10, 2007)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
hmmm...I just looked at the divisions, and I don't really fit anywhere. I'm 20, and have 3 inverts, 4+ 360+ spins...so would I have to compete in outlaw? Or would I be intermediate? Advanced looks like its limited to 30+, so I guess that is out.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
I think you should try Outlaw. They are not having an Advanced/Over 30 class this year as told to me by the event director. For reference I am riding intermediate and if I am having a good day, and I mean really good day, I have one spin over 180 and one invert. Just my .02, but the main thing is to just go and have fun in whatever class you ride.
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       07-10-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I'll be there with some friends, we'll be camping in the state park there near the tourney site and we'll have my tan/black malibu.

Garret, I had the same question after looking at the divisions. There seems to be a huge separation b/w intermediate and outlaw and no division to cover it. I don't know what it will be like this year, but the talent level riding outlaw in this tourney last year was very high.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-10-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
I wish I could, but I'm out of town. Bummer
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-10-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
there IS an advanced division- NOT a masters division. advanced is 4 inverts or less. their website is just messed up.

see you all there.