Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Just wanted to remind everyone that Austin will be in Rio De Janeiro next week representing the USA in wakeboarding at the Pan American Games. The Pan American Games falls under the International Olympics Committee and USOC and is an introduction to Olympics for wakeboarding. There will be 43 countries and 5600 athletes. I believe the Spanish ESPN will be covering the games. No American coverage.

He hurt his foot in Kelowna and tweeked the tendons pretty good and the doc said no riding for 4 weeks. He is the only USA rider and has decided to ride. We can't have the USA not represented in the first Olympic venue for wakeboarding. He will be posting his trip on his web site at www.austinhair.net
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-11-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Go Austin! Why can't we get some other riders down there?
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
They only take one rider per country. The qualifiers were in Miami in March and Philip Soven won. He opted out of it in June because of the conflict with the PWT stop in Portland being the same weekend. He is in the lead of the tour and can't afford to miss the stop. Austin finished as the 5th USA rider. Andrew, Trevor and JD were 2,3 and 4 but also chose to ride in the PWT. They are all in the top 10 of PWT and King of Wake and are in the hunt for the King of Wake title. While it hurts to lose those points Austin felt he should ride in the Pan American Games since he is not in the hunt for the crown like the other guys.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Austin will be a great representive for the USA, and just might bring home the Gold. Good luck and have fun.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Randy-His mom and I are going. Should be a great venue. Oh the riding site should be good too. Maybe I will come back and suggest this a a PWT site. I just hope he can strap on a board by then. I gotta admit I more excited about hitting this site than most although Cancun looks like a lot of fun. Are you going to Mexico?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 8:46 PM Reply   
David, Cancun falls on Alex's birthday, so that's his present, were going to stay some extra days and be tourist, looking forward to it, hope to see you guys there.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
Do you know whos going to be there for Canada? I know Rusty was supposed to be there, but I guess he's going to to PWT too. My friend Chino Bonnard will be there representing Ecuador!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-12-2007, 3:25 AM Reply   
David - Tell Austin how proud we are to have him represent
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
Cris- No I don't. Rusty qualified but is going to Portland.

Randy- Are you SCUBA certified?