Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
This past weekend I went Martinez Lake for the first time and had a great time! However, my boat didn't fair so well. We were at least 100 yards from the trees in the water when we heard a moderate thump on the bottom of the boat. At the time I figured we hit a piece of drift wood and thought nothing of it. However, when we pulled the boat at the end of the day I noticed my prop was thrashed! About 1/3 of a blade was missing and the other blades were mangled. I wouldn't believe a piece of wood would do that much damage, except their were splinters still stuck in the metal!

Anyway, has anyone else's prop met the same fait? Any tips on avoiding trashing my next prop? (If I was any further from the trees I would be driving down the center of the lake.)

Cheers,

John
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-04-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
join the club. you must have hit a rock. I can count on both hands how many people have trashed their undercarriages out there. I wouldn't actually call it a lake either.
Old    wake__freak_66            08-04-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
ya i sheered my prop right off once