Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-28-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
Need some help here - now that I have a tandem axle trailer, not sure I'm not sure if I should use a Fall/Winter mix of air for the tires (don't take the boat out much during winter) or the lighter Winter/Spring mix. Here are my choices

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=45

Thanks for the help.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-28-2010, 10:58 PM Reply   
I think a nice combo of your own making would do best. maybe a 60% summer, 20% spring, and 10% winter blend would do the trick.
While your checking the tires, you might want to make sure your blinker fluid levels are where they should be, as well as grease your muffler bearings.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blinker_fluid
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-29-2010, 2:39 AM Reply   
It's 37'c down here right now. I could send you some bottled air and you would be deadset right to go straight away.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-29-2010, 4:11 AM Reply   
Just drop a quarter in the air pump up at the corner gas station. With this time of year, they should have converted over to a winter mix by now. $.02
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-29-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
Nitrogen in tires is just another way to separate you from your money. If you check the tires like you are supposed to you dont need it . If you are driving a formula 1 or other race car it may have some value.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-29-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Wow... Someone actually bottled that crap and is trying to sell it. Amazing.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-29-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Nitrogen in tires is just another way to separate you from your money. If you check the tires like you are supposed to you dont need it . If you are driving a formula 1 or other race car it may have some value.
The above joke not withstanding and just for informational purposes, When you buy tires from Costco they all get filled with Nitrogen, go figure as very few tire installations other than them do.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
they also say nitrogen in your tires helps you get better mpg. yea 1/100000 0f a mile to the gallon thats worth the price. but that shows you they will sell anything if they can find someone to buy it . i prefer factory air in my tires and then make small adjustments seasonally.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-29-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
If you dust off your 7th grade science book, you might recall that the earth's atmosphere is 78% nitrogen. Compressing the free air with a few quarters is the way to go. Just check the pressure monthly or at least when you hit a new season.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-30-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Joey - love the unwikipedia reference. I think I'll get some of that blinker fluid with my muffler bearings!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
I love it, $100 to fill your tires for each season of the year. I think there onto the new iPad there.
Those guys will be millionaires in a month.
...well unless someone catches on that they are not actually selling anything of value.

Of course the round tuits and butt dynos look like good ideas too.

Last edited by rallyart; 11-30-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-30-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
My son had sent me the link. I was cracking up. The only thing missing is prop wash
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-30-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
Haha hilarious. People really buy that crap?
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-30-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
No - its a joke site...but a very good one.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-30-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
Thanks Joey - love the unwikipedia reference. I think I'll get some of that blinker fluid with my muffler bearings!
hahaha its a classic!!!!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-01-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
I got some muffler bearings for sale!