Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-23-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Hey guy came across this boat the other day. wanted to get some feed back on it.

Here is what he has sent me through email. rebuilt back lounge area. Put in new carpet. It has new speakers. Steering cable, rudder are new. Prop and shaft bushings are newer. It has new bumper. Speedometers, fuel gauges new last year. New depth gauge last year. Drivers seat and seat next to that along with motor box is not, but rest of vinyl is new with new cushions. I have material to finish just havnt finished it. Old seats are in still. All wood has been fixed with new wood that is resin coated. New bilge pump. New last year was starter, exhaust risers and eletronic ignition. New alternator and belts this year. All hull seals were recaulked with marine grade caulking. New crank and wheels last year on trailer. Rebuilt trailer guard for prop. New spare tire with mount. New main 50 amp breaker.

Floor is solid except one bolt on motor mount. Rest of the bolts are into dry wood last I checked. After I checked them I caulked them to be xtra sure they stay solid. I have weighted it. The wake gets a little scary around 1200 lbs.

It has six speakers. Two in nose, two in back and two on tower. Repainted it two years ago. Motor mounts are strong. Just one of the eight bolts spins.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (03suprassv)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-23-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Sounds like he is being honest with you since he is telling you 1 of the bolts on the motor mount is spinning. This means that the stringer has rot. My boat is newer but from everything I have read on the supra site I would stay away from it unless you want to spend a lot of time and money fixing it. Most people have to pull the top cap off to repair stringer rot.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I'm not a fan of the tower. We've removed 2 of them over the years & upgraded them to stronger towers. If/when you do a test drive, notice how much movement it has when driving over your own wake.