Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
I have 5 of the old style fat sacks. The type with an inner liner and a fabric style cover.

I notice that newer sacks come without the cover. Are these bags heavier to resist punctures?

I want to replace two of the permanently mounted bags, in the trunk and ski locker, because the old style holds moisture and traps water between the cover and bag. I need to make sure the newer bags wont rupture if gear is thrown on them.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
The new Fly High's are suppose to be real strong. Made from river raft type material. I've had 2 in my trunk all season and we through a couple wakeskates on top of them along with vests and ropes. They seem to be holding up well.
Old     (dvigzz)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-22-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
tim-

Let me know if you are going to sell them?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-22-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Possibly Dave,

I have two large locker sacks I think they are 650#, two ski lockers and two side sacks.

I'll pull the two that are permanent and check the condition of all and get back to you with a PM.
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-22-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have been using fly high ProX series coverless for several seasons and they are just abot indestructable. I highly recommend them.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-22-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
The old sacs aren't bad but the bladder is thin and the fittings suck. I have popped them but it wasn't easy.

The Valmex material that Fly High uses is bullet proof. I have done my duty to test them. I have had dogs on them, people sit on them, and have thrown wakeboards on top in lockers and have never had a Fly High Pro X Series Bag rip.

I have also had good results with the Launch Pad Sumo sacs. They are sourcing a similar material. The nice thing about the Sumo sacs is that they store a more compactly when not in use.