Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-05-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
Just bought a new 21V and I am having problems, Gas guage does not work, Water temp always reads 33 while outside temp is 85, cooler leaks all over the floor and where the battery is, floor LEDs don't work. The dealer has not been able to fix the problem, it has been in 3 times now. Anyone else with the same problems?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-06-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
from my experense of working on boats the gas gauges never work(the boat bounces too much for them to be accurate), seems like the sensor that reads the water temp. is bad, the drain tube for the cooler might be cracked or not even on the drain, and the floor LED lights might have a wire to wire short in them look at all the butt connectors for them they might not have been crempt down all the way. if the boat has ballast one of the ballast tanks or pumps might have a crack or not sealed all the way somewhere and that might be where the water is coming from.
Old    bigrich            11-06-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
3 times then you need to find a new dealer. All of the problems you mentioned should be fairly simple fixes. Its not like they are fighting an intermittent problem or anything.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Yeah they all seem like fairly easy problems. My cooler leaked at first and was an easy fix. My gas guage works good. The new 07' is all new guages so you might expect a few bugs to get worked out. I am with Rich on this and get into the dealer and let them know you want it fixed ASAP. The Skiers Choice execs are all over this board and if they catch this I am sure you will see that they will make sure you are taken care of. Good luck and again, I would not get too worried about these issues as they are all minor. Good luck!
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Let's seem some pics J
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-07-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Geoff, Lets get riding, how about this week before it gets cold.

Jason, take a look at the cooler and see if your drain hose has become disconnected (may need a flashlight)

check under the dash at your fuse panel for your LED lights breaker to see if it's tripped. Does the switch light up red at the panel?

As for the fuel gauge, probably needs a sending unit and the water temp gauge may be bad. I know lots of parts have been on backorder. I just got all my stuff dialed in but was waiting for a little while on some backordered items. I'm dialed in now, hit up Geoff and I and we'll get out before it gets too cold.

Dan
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Jason,

Sorry you are having problems. My name is Matt Brown and I work at Skiers Choice. As Diggs said we monitor these boards and we would like to help you out. Send me an email at mbrown@skierschoice.com and let me know who your dealer is and I will make sure I get with them about how to fix you up. The problems will be fairly simple to fix so it shouldn't take too much time. Again, I totally understand how frustrating it is and we apologize for the inconvience.

thanks.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Good to see the extra effort matt

And it seems all of these are just minor problems.
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Though I appreciate the help Matt, I talked to one of the guys there and they said they would send me the 07 board racks since mine came with the 06 ones that did not even stay in place. In fact my friend was hit in the head with a board and got blood all over my new interior. Not his fault, but I wish it all worked when I got it. It has been four weeks and no board racks. I will try the Cooler hose thank you Dan as for riding I am at Saguaro every weekend. I will be there Friday and maybe Pleasant on Saturday

(Message edited by jbudnik on November 07, 2006)
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Pics with the board racks tied up so we could drive without the gauntlet coming for our heads

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by jbudnik on November 07, 2006)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
Boat gas guages never work? I've owned four boats and all had gas guages that worked fine, and if it didn't, it would get taken care of. Running out of gas on the water bites and can be dangerous if you're in water with a current.

(Message edited by wake_upppp on November 07, 2006)
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
I would like to see it work. The self test works, but the guage just sits on E all the time.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-08-2006, 4:33 AM Reply   
If you would like to see it work, then take Matt up on his offer and let him make everything good for you. You have a manufacturers associate coming onto a public message board because YOU are seeking out help and basically shrug off his offer for help but continue to complain.....
Old     (jbudnik)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-08-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
Alright I am not shrugging him off email sent. Sorry just get pissed when you buy a boat and it is in the shop every monday after I use it for the weekend.
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Jason,

We are contacting your dealer to make sure your issues are resolved. Again, very sorry it had to take this to get your problems fixed. Obviously we want you to work with your dealer but if that doesn't work out you can always feel free to contact us here at the plant. I will stay in touch with you until this gets resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

matt
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Skiers Choice customer service rules. You guys show the way for all the others IMO.