Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (ccubillo)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2004, 9:42 PM Reply   
I am considering purchasing the Hyperlite Premier or TFD but am not sure which board would be a better choice. I know a lot of it has to do with personal preference but if anyone has tried either or both of these boards your feedback would really help. Unfortunately the comments appear to be missing from all of the board reviews otherwise I would have checked there.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
Have you any chance of Demoing these boards? That would be the best way to know for sure.
Old     (ccubillo)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
I could but not very easily. I dont have my own boat so it is difficult to coordinate a board demo with a last minute offer to go to the lake.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-02-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
I demoed both of these boards this spring before I decided to go with the TFD. The new Premier had a lot of pop, but was a relatively slow board with the JIB base. The TFD had almost as much pop, but was much more consistent than the Premier and was much faster to react to edge changes. When demoing the boards, I rode the Premier finless because of the size of the molded in fins this year and I rode the TFD with .7" A-Wings instead of the 1.1" A-Wings. If you go with the TFD, definately switch to the smaller fins. A good board shop should swap them out for free, and it makes a drastic difference. With the larger fins, the board is very sticky and is hard to do surface turns, but with the smaller fins, the board holds edge just as well, but is looser when ridden flat. I would demo both back to back if you have the option. Personally, I liked the consistency of the continuous rocker with the TFD more than the extra pop the Premier gave me, but you could be different. The two pros at my local shop are riding these boards, so you won't go wrong with either. Good luck.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-03-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
I just got a 04 TFD 136 DNA and love it. Best board I've ridden yet, but I haven't tried the premier.

SFH
Old     (ccubillo)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. Everyone I have talked to seems to be partial to the TFD so I decided to go for it - I will keep you posted on how it turns out
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
Partial to the TFD yes, BUT.... make sure its with the .7 inch fins!!}
Old    boneman            05-04-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
If you plan on hitting sliders, go with the TFD Biolite. The new Jib base is super sticky and doesn't wear well. I have the 04' Premier DNA.