Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
I had planned on coming home today, writing about riding, or the next local event or something, but on my way home I received a call from Robyn Valdez. I'm writing this with tears running down my face. She told me that Dee Thompson, wife of CCC GM Jeremy Thompson, was lost to an automobile accident today.

Jeremy is one of my best friends, and Dee, along with their two young children, Alexis and Brandon is the love of his life. Dee always had a smile on her face that lit up any room that she entered, and was the kind of person that made everyone she came in contact with feel special. Words cannot express the grief and sorrow I feel. I will never forget Dee. My heart goes out to Jeremy, Alexis & Brandon. If I had the power to change this, I would. Rest in peace.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on March 31, 2004)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-31-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
This is absolutely horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jeremy and his family.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
my prayers and condolances for jeremy and his children. so sorry to hear this.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-31-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
I do not even know them, but tears well up in my eyes has I read this. It is hard for those she left behind, but it sounds like she is in Heaven watching over them now. My prayers are with the love of her life and her kids. So sorry to hear about this.
Old    malibuman            03-31-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
My thoughts and prayers also go out to Jeremy, Alexis, Brandon and there family.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Very sad news....my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Old    wawakechic            03-31-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
I am sorry to hear this news. My condolences to all of her friends and family.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-31-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Jeremy and everyone at CCC have always been very good to me. I am completely floored!

Jeff (or Jeremy, if you read this),
please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I am very serious about that.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-31-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
Prayer goes a long way.
We will continue to pray for the family and friends.

Alan, Emily and Camilla Bogdanoff
Old    cws_kahuna            03-31-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
Jeremy,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by and giving Kailynn and I the news this evening.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2004, 11:18 PM Reply   
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Thompsons.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2004, 11:18 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
I just want to extend my deepest sympathy for your lost. My prays and thoughts go out to you and your two children.

Aloha
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       04-01-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
My prayers are with Jeremy and his family.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-01-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
Jeff put it all right about Dee, if you looked up sunshine in the dictionary, Dee would be there. Every week she would come into Staters, and every week, I would call her my ray of sunshine. Her smile would brighten the aisle. The world is not as bright as it was yesterday. One thing we can do at times like this is to look to the Lord and PRAY for comfort and peace for Jeremy and the kids. But for those who live close enough, we are arranging meals to be brought to the home for the next couple of weeks. If you are interested, I have dates available. Please call me at (909)515-9082. IF I don't answer, I am at work, I will call you back. I have Sunday open and then the following wed,thurs,fri,Sat. Please leave me the date you can provide and your phone #. Thanks and God Bless!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-01-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Dear Jeremy,

I pray the lord will be with you in your time of of need. And that He'll give you and your children the strength to overcome this tragedy.

With my deepest sympathies,

Shawn Wilson
God Bless You...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 10:10 AM Reply   
I can't even imagine loosing my wife like that. I don't know these people and still I'm saddened. I wish this family the best as they have some tough times ahead.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-01-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
Wow I am numb....to Jeremy, Alexis and Brandon, my prayers and thoughts go out to you.

Jonathan French
Old    mooch            04-01-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
We just want to extend our deepest sympathy for your lost. Our prays and thoughts go out to you and your two children. If there is anything at all we can do to help please let us know!
Laurie & Jack Knight
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-01-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Jeremy & Family I don’t know to put into words how horrible of a tragedy this is.
All I can say is my deepest sympathy & sorrow goes out to you guys. If there’s absolutely anything at all we can do please be sure to ask.

Chris
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-01-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
Robyn (team Valdez) is arranging meal deliveries to the thompson family for the next couple of weeks (in case folks didn't catch that in her post).
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2004, 6:33 AM Reply   
This is terrible news. We wish Jeremy, Alexis, and Brandon the best as they deal with such a tragedy.

J.Lembas
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-02-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Hi everybody, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for the Thompson family. Also, huge thank yous to all the people helping out with the dinners.
California Correct Craft has set up a trust fund for the Alexis and Brandon. You can make donations to it at any Bank of America under "Thompson"
The funeral service will be held at 1:00pm on Tuesday April 6,2004 at Stout Funeral Home 21135 Madison Ave, Temecula, CA 92590.There will be a gathering of family and friends at the Thompson home at 29172 Longhorn, Canyon Lake, CA 92587. Please bring a dish or finger food to share.
If you need to get called into the gates, please feel free to call me at (909)515-9082. If I don't pick up, please leave the name of the driver and I will add you to the list. Please call me before Sunday so I can submit it to the POA. But don't let that stop you from coming, I will call you at anytime. Thanks again to all the friends of the family, and continue to lift them up in your prayers, now and for the years to come. Hugs to you all, robyn
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-02-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
Robyn,

I wonder how you set up a PayPal account to have donations sent in to? I have seen it done before, but I am not sure how to. Bank Of America's are pretty much everywhere, but PayPal would make it really easy for people to send out a donation.

I could do a little research if you like, or maybe someone else here knows how to go about setting up a PayPal account for donations.

Jonathan French
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-02-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
A correction to the post regarding making contributions to the trust fund:
Bank of America has informed California Correct Craft that because of the nature of the trust account, donations are NOT to be sent to Bank of America directly.
All donations need to be sent to California Correct Craft c/o DeAnna Thompson Trust Fund
2123 E. La Cadena Dr. Riverside, CA 92507
with all checks payable to the DeAnna Thompson Trust Fund. There will soon be access on the CCC website to make donations online. If anyone needs further information on how to make a donation please contact, Chere or Jennifer of California Correct Craft. (909) 784-5454
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-03-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
Another change. A friend of Jeremys' owns a resturaunt and has graciously offered to cater the gathering after the service. Therefore don't worry about bringing any food for Tuesday. Thanks again! please keep praying!! hugs, robyn
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am still struggling to piece together the reality of this. Robyn, you are truly the bond that holds this community together.

Everyone, please, if you will, check out this link http://www.californiacorrectcraft.com/thompson.asp . Thank you so much for your kind support. I am praying that as a community, we can help Jeremy find the strength for his children, and himself, to carry on through this unimaginable tragedy

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 03, 2004)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hi everybody, Well some more has changed. Due to the fact that the Thompson family is so beloved, the venue that was in Temecula proved to be too small. We have just found out that Canyon Lake Community Church has been secured for the memorial service. (Thank You God!!) It is outside of the gates of Canyon Lake and is on the south side of Railroad Canyon between the main gate and the east gate. It is very close in proximity to where the after gathering is being held....on that note, I was told today that the location of that is being changed as well. As soon as that is written in stone, it will be posted. Again, thanks so much for all the dinners and food being brought over and for all the prayers being lifted up for the whole family. I pray that everybody that is reading this spends some time with their family today letting them know how much they are loved. Thanks again and hugs all around, robyn
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
hey, all support and prayer goes out to jeremy and his family.
Old    nate_dogg            04-05-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Wow, I'm sitting at my desk at work reading all of this for the first time. I feel nautious. My thoughts and prayers are with you Jeremy, Alexis, and Brandon; please stay strong! I will also do my best to help you in any way that I can, I promise...
Old    jordan23            04-05-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I don't know you or Dee but it sounds like she touched alot of peoples lives and will be missed dearly. My Family and I will pray for you, Alexis, and Brandon. Good Bless and Good Luck

Old    outkastfighter            04-05-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
WE LOST ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE WE COULD EVER KNOW.JEREMY IF YOU NEED ANYTHING PLEASE JUST ASK MY FAMILY IS HERE FOR YOU GOD BLESS
Old    tric            04-06-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Our deepest condolances go out to Jeremy and his family, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. If you need anything please remember we are just around the corner.

Scott & Gina
Old    pennwltn            04-07-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
Dear Jeremy & Family

We wanted to express our deepest condolances to you and your family, during your most un-imaginable tragedy.

We have been praying for your daily that the Lord will give you strength during this difficult time.

Talk with you soon Bro....Andre & Penny & li'l Dre