Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    thegnar            11-24-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
i would want to ride for CWB because they r making so many innovations like the hinge on their bindings and the sick board models, 2006 they r gonna be the best. what board company would u like to be sponsored by and ride for? why?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-24-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
the company that is going to support a no name amateur and hook him up with some free stuff, send him around if they want or just let me do whatever I want to do and go to school in the meantime.
I love LF but I might see myself on an absolute next season sometime with all that Ive heard about it... we'll see...
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-24-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
this is a hate thread waitin to happen
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-24-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hyperlite hands down. They get more publicity than any one.

Then Liquid Force.
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-24-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
Hinge? Check this out. Research and Copy?

I would like to ride for LF boards and Hyperlite bindings.
Not trying to hate just hate the BS that some people post and don't really have a clue on what is out there.
snow binding

(Message edited by wakerider900 on November 24, 2005)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-24-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
nobody on this site would turn down riding for ANY company if sponsorship was offered, end this thread.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-24-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
mike- aint that the truth. haha
i am ridin for a hyperlite rep right now and wouldnt switch to any other company even if they signed me through the factory. i used to ride for CWB but when i got in trouble for breaking too many boards i switched to hyperlite where i was thanked for breaking boards so they could learn and make improvements. i dont dislike anythin about any other companies. i think that they all have their own positives and negatives. i may not be taken care of by hype as well as i would be with other companies but for me, bottom line right now is no one else makes a board like the roam. the seccond i got on that board i decided that i would never ride another normal board. well i take that back. if someone offered me a money contract id probably go with them, but thats the only thing that would sway me. hahaha. woudlnt that be nice
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-24-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
whichever hooks me up the most. i just wouldnt ride for gator...those boards seem really cheap and not at all inovative. oh boy, im gonna hear somethin about this
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-24-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Has anyone rode the new 'Empire' from J Star?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-24-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Hey Glen, is Rusty riding the Empire, have you rode it yet?
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-24-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Randy, Rusty dropped off the new 137 Empire last week. I took one set on it and was sold. I think it ride's like a 3DS but is faster and felt like it gave me about a foot and a half more pop. It has a super soft landings...the board has these mellow phasers in the center that break the water surface on contact. I know Alex is Hyperlite but would be interested in his opinion on the Empire.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-24-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
Johnathan! Holy crap you're right! CWB must have flat out stole that design from Flow! Great job Sherlock!

Any of you guys would ride for the company that best supports you.

"i just wouldnt ride for gator"

yeah right. If they were the sponsor showing you the money and support, you'd be on this board telling us how sick their boards are.

"I would like to ride for LF boards and Hyperlite bindings."

I'm sure that happens all the time.
Old    justsomeguy            11-24-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
"nobody on this site would turn down riding for ANY company if sponsorship was offered, end this thread."

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.

Wrong.

I couldn't care less about "sponsorship" from ANY company.

Many people obviously need a taste of the real world...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-24-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
Happy Thanksgiving JSG...but you're full of it.

Either that, or you're not into riding as much as the average WW member.
Old    justsomeguy            11-24-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
Nope, not full of it, you're just confused.

I can afford any equipment that I want (it's all relatively inexpensive after all ) and I'm not all wrapped up in the "hey, I'm sponsored by XXXXXX company " silliness.
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-24-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
Not like a new snowboard set up, 450 Board, 150 bindings 300 booats then Jacket gloves and pants. Wakeboarding is pretty cheep, especially for as much as you get to ride Vs going to the mountain.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-24-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   

quote:

nobody on this site would turn down riding for ANY company if sponsorship was offered, end this thread.

actually, i would turn down an offer from a particular company. just 'cause you wouldn't turn down a sponsorship, don't assume the next person would do the same.

and why end the thread? because mike murphy doesn't like the thread, it has to end. i have a solution for you for threads you don't like/agree with. don't click on 'em.
Old    thegnar            11-24-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
i agree with joe, if u dont like the thread, dont click on it, and deffinetly dont post telling eveyone how stupid it is. i know most people would ride for the first company that came up and offered a deal, but if u could have ur choice of any company, who would it be and why?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-24-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey Johnathan, you're dumb.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-24-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
this is hilarious. a great turkey day enjoyment. hahahaha. i believe this thread started out as a hypothetical question. look what it turns into. i love it. i think that everyone has valid points about their statements. some people want to learn to ride at a high level. along with that comes sponsoship. i think that everyone would like to acheive that level, and that it is possible for anyone to. and if you have the abilities to do that then that is awsome and hopefully you dont take advantage of that kind of opportunity. no mater what, it all goes back to the begining and having fun and thats what matters and everyone should remember that.
- whch leads me back to the hypothetical question originally asked. "what if" or even if your already there
-on to the stealing of designs. every compnay has utalized the ideas and advancements of other companies. thats how progression goes, the majority of ideas come from snowboarding. hyperlite uses he same boa system that vans has been using on their snowboots for years. cwb uses the hinge tech system from flow. liquid force started doing the binding attatchment system similar to the way all snowboard bindings are. progression is awsome, we learn from experience.
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-24-2005, 10:47 PM Reply   
I Never said anything about stealing, but LF never claimed to be inventing a 3D system, and BOA came to hyperlite since they needed to sell large amounts of the BOA (Boa quote). Just wanted to show what many are calling a amazing inovation. Progression is Awesome, and we do learn from experience, Thanks WestSiderider. Really did not call anyone out for bad R N D. Just the worst information is mis-information. Just got my 06 Roam and its amazing, West Side you need to try if you have not already.
Old    low_key_wake            11-24-2005, 11:28 PM Reply   
id ride for tampax and k.y. if they paid me.
Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-25-2005, 4:21 AM Reply   
The only company I would ride for would be Schnitzel Boards. They make the best board by far. No other company comes close.
Old    cdubs            11-25-2005, 5:23 AM Reply   
Wut up jas...Piru crew early morns..haha. Personaly i believe the roam is a good start on some real progression in the industry. Besides that i dont really think a hinge or boa or whatever a 3d system is changes much in the way we ride. It does get the sport closer towards the snow direction but i dunno..its early. How many snowboarders use flow bindings cuz cwb might be for you then. Id stick with vans and boas in that case.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-25-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
haha, poor joe.

I was hoping this thread would die before it got out of hand is all, oh well, it is winter.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-25-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Glen, a foot & a half more pop!!! hell Yeah. HL has been real good to Alex, which is a good thing concidering all the boards he breaks training with you, Ha Ha. Give him a set on the Empire, when he comes out in the spring, he could use the extra foot & a half on the H/S 7. My best to the family and the O'town crew. Is the new slider done?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-25-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
CWB all the way. No question. All the board manufactures make great product, but CWB has alot of great people behind the scenes. Everyone I have ever delt with for CWB has been great and supportive. Thats what is important to me, (great support.) They also stand behind all their products like no other manufacturer. IMO. Never had a warrenty claim that wasent taken care of by CWB, and some could have went either way, but they made it right always!!
Old    reconscout            11-25-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
By Johnathan (wakerider900) on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 8:57 pm:
Not like a new snowboard set up, 450 Board, 150 bindings 300 booats then Jacket gloves and pants. Wakeboarding is pretty cheep, especially for as much as you get to ride Vs going to the mountain.

Don't forget about the small cost of the boat...
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-25-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
I don't know many people who own a ski resort, unlike a boat. Never been to a snow clinic that they hand you a lift ticket and new gear and have a nice day. This is Fun............
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-25-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
CWB all the way! Their equiptment and inovations are are great. But what really seperates them is their people and support. When I recently asked them to be involved with our Delta Wakeboard Camp, they were there for us. Not only are they going to supply us with their boards and bindings, they are talking about sending out some of their national riders to be guest instructors. There is even talk of making the camp into an official training site. I couldn't have asked for more support. I don't see any of the other companies doing something like that.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-25-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
johnathan (wakerider900) ...congrats. Your post was ridiculous. Brent already pointed out the cost of the boat, which was going to be my first point, but secondly... you get about 10x+ the amount of riding time on the mountain than you do on the lake/river. A typical mtn is open for about 7 hours. Minus a lunch break that's 6 straight hours of riding. Yeah you'll be on the water for a long time, but not riding.
Old    low_key_wake            11-25-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
yep jonathen wins........
Old    thegnar            11-25-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
there r a lot more snowboarders in the world than wakeboarders and iam pretty sure most snowboarders dont own their own ski resort. iam also willing to bet a season pass to a mountain is less than a boat.
Old     (otown)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-25-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Randy, we have three new sliders. Finished the transer, built a new flat bar (also like on the PWT) and then we added a double step-up rair with a 25 ft down. Like the one at Wakestock this year. Should be some good practice for the off season. I will take some pics tommorrow and e-mail them so you can check them out.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-25-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   

quote:

speak for yourself.

To the unsponsored people who want to get sponsored, respect yourself.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-25-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Thane, get bored at the shop? ahaha lunch was fun bro.

I'm gonna throw my little take on this question. Ride for the image you like to portray, if you like the ganj then ride Gator, if you like to be like everyone else ride Hype, if you wanna be unique ride Krown. There are many reasons to choose a company. I choose CWB because a few years back I liked the direction they were taking and worked hard to become a part of it. Now they take care of me & I couldn't be happier as they are going off. I rode today at Canyon Lake's Backwater, often regarded as one of the most progressive riding spots on the West Coast & country. You know what I saw? Marius, Absolute, Marius, Transcend, Marius & a few others. The biggest surprise was all the new Hinge Tech boots, they may have been based on a snowboard boot but damn they are blowing up in wakeboarding. Besides isn't everything a rip off of something else? Johnathan I don't see you bashing Hype for closing the toes on a pair of boots when Indians created the mocassin with a closed toe in God knows when. The fact of the matter is the designs are drastically different & the Hinge Tech was made from scratch. Last year in February I saw the first prototype, it was a Torq boot & welded together with what looked like an erector set, it has since come a long ways. Simply put you are wrong, congratulations. But I digress.

When it comes to the company you choose to buy from/be sponsored by, it comes down to what is important to you. Like A-holes, we all have an opinion. Whats good for you is not good for me and vice versa. Respect that & move on. Now excuse me, I have to go adjust my new Zeus boots, they need a little breaking in.

(Message edited by Stephan on November 25, 2005)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-25-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
"They also stand behind all their products like no other manufacturer." Really Jeff? So did they finally step up to Lifetime Warranty Like HL has had for years? If so, props to them.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-25-2005, 6:23 PM Reply   
wuttup big heav? lunch was fun.

I get what you're sayin', you get what I'm sayin', but not everyone gets what were sayin', know what I'm sayin'?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-25-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
you need to change your profile pic to that method pic that Shawn took.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-26-2005, 7:18 AM Reply   
Ya Sparky Cwb went to a limited liftime warranty a couple years ago. But I have had this talk with you before, you are all about hyperlite. What iam saying is that I sell wakeboards and CWB has always stood behind their product, I have never had a warranty claim through CWB, that was not taken care of! ( NEVER )and Sparky, its a limited lifetime warranty, not lifetime. That makes a big differance. Like it really matters anyway, you go out a hit one slider and the warrenty is gone on all Makes.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-26-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
hey jonathan i missed ur part about u havin ur 06 roam. im sure it does ride excellent. thanks for rubbin it in dick. haha jk. no im waitin for the hyperlite rep that i ride for to get one. im gettin the first one but he says they are way behind on shipping and bein made. i live in cali so well be the last ones to get stuff here. kinda sux but oh well. thats the price u gotta pay to live in the best state in the us. haha. "in california" huh dubs.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Most of the board companies out there these days stand behind their products. When it comes down to it a lot of frequent riders (we all know who we are on these boards) ride for whoever is passing out the goodies...either at a decent(pro form)discount or on a rep rider/bro program.
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-26-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
liquid force because of man hero shane bonifay
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-26-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
I thought Hyperlite's stuff was still coming over from China on the boat. I believe it ships into CA relatively quick considering it comes from China to Washington and then out from there. I think this is the first year Hyperlite hasn't had their full product line to market first, hmmm. Have to agree about the best state in the US though...
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Liquid Force. There are too many reasons and not enough time to type them.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-26-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
I ride want i like don't care what image the company has. My image is my owen if a board company has a board i like to ride then Im down.

That being said i was at a comp this past summer where i was labled with a group that later got in to a fight with one of the competitors. Did it hurt my image? Maybe but I let my actions speek for them self. If you choose to act a certan way then that image will stick with you. No I dont kick it with that group any more.

Ride for your self any thing extra is just a bonus
www.wakeculture.com
www.stupidtxdudes.com
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Every rider will have a opinion on who they would want to ride for. For the average rider a lot is based on who their favorite pro is, graphics, mag adds, what the top dog on there lake or their coach is riding. Realisticlly Pro level riders can land all their stuff on anything givin a couple of sets to figure the board out. I have seen lots of pro level riders out free riding and riding each others boards & there killing it no matter what thay are riding on. For the upper level guys & girls it's about your relationship with your sponser and the support they give you that decides what board you ride. That's my view.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-26-2005, 5:49 PM Reply   
Sorry Jeff if I gave you the wrong idea. I'm not "all about HL", but they do have the best warranty in the biz... not CWB as you said. If you're going to pump up a company, just use facts that's all. I've ridden CWB in the past and liked their product.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-26-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
I don't understand how one is that much greater than the next? They are both Limited Lifetime right? I remember back in '99 I worked at Water Ski World in Santa Ana, CA & someone brought in a three year old CWB with a pulled insert. I epoxied it and sent them on their way. They came back a week later with the insert pulled again. We gave them the equivalent new board & dealt with CWB ourselves, they replaced it in a heart beat, no questions asked. I call CWB tomorrow & they will have parts in the mail the same day & that is for two year old boots. Not like LF or Hyperlite where you send your stuff in & they send it back to you in 2-5 weeks. You tell em whats wrong & the necessaries are on their way. You read CWB's policy & it says "If any CWB Wakeboard fails due to defective materials or workmanship after the original warranty period, it will, at manufacturer¹s option, be replaced at one half the current retail price, or repaired at cost. This limited lifetime warranty is in effect for as long as the original owner keeps the board." My experience was they went beyond that. Anyways...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-27-2005, 3:08 PM Reply   
"one half the current retail price, or repaired at cost". Not to beat a dead horse but this is where they differ. HL replaces boards and bindings at ANY age for no cost, excluding shipping, to the owner from workmanship or materials. And if you screw it up by dropping it on the boat ramp or it falls off the boardrack or some other accident, they will repair it for FREE, and if it can't be repaired, they will authorize the dealer to sell you a new or similar board at half retail.
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
Sparky well put. Why are some of the CWB posters so much on the offense, as someone who owns a cwb I don't understand the attitude that is out there. All the Kent sports companies have a great warranty policys.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
not tryin to hate on hyperlite but there have been a couple things over my 3yrs of riding that have led to hyp not being at the top of my list for boards. First off back when i first started riding alot i had broke a handle and it took them just about 6months to get me back a new one on warranty so they may have the best warranty but its not the fastest; and second but most importantly some of u say that hyp are always trying to push the sport and help the progression and they may do that with some of their product but the main reason hyp isnt at the top of my list is because i went to a demo day one time and i had tryed out a cwb board (not knowing anything about any of the companies at the time) and they had boats that we could ride behind and the only one that hadnt left was the hyperlite boat. when i tryed to go and get on it they said only hyperlite boards on this boat; now u cant tell me that is progression of the sport because the reason i love wakeboarding is everyone is welcome, i didnt feel welcome at all. so i went up to get a hyp board so i could go ride and Baits asked me why i was switchin boards and i told him and he was like u can drive a boat right? and tossed me the keys and said ill back the boat in and pick me up at the dock. now if that isnt what wakeboardings all about then i dont know what is. The rest of the day we ended up riding and picking up other people ,even people with hyp boards, and just had a good time. At the end of the day I asked what he thought of my riding and how much more I need to learn before I could get sponsored and right then he gave me his number said ill give you a board and bindings just give me a call and we’ll set it up. So not tryin to tell everyone that hyp is bad or anything because I have many friends that ride for them or ride their boards but don’t try saying one this is so much better then another because they all have flaws and everything does so you can talk up one company just don’t down another.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-27-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Tony, you make some good points, and Alex had the same thing happen to him at a demo clinic a couple of years ago when he tried to bring his HL on a Double Up boat. Not saying it's right, just the way it is, their just trying to promote their own products. Alex rode for CWB before switching to HL and they always treated him right, he just liked the Hyperlite boards better. All the companys are making good boards now, so find one you like and have fun on it. That's why we ride right? See you next year.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
exactly man just ride what u feel. totaly cant wait till next year its gonna be so much fun. hope to see u and alex soon.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2005, 5:12 PM Reply   
Tony just saw the results of the USC contest Congrats dude, That's sweet. Alex will be training on the Delta in March getting ready for the 1st Orlando stop, maybe you guys can hook up. You got his Cell #.
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
I heard the pro tour's first stop may not be in orlando Randy. Might move around this year they said
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-28-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
Andrew, what up. Ya you CWB guys get all the insider information When you find out send us an e-mail. you going to try and ride all the stops this year.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-28-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
A Quote from a good friend:

"if you like to be like everyone else ride Hype,"

ahem.....excuuuse me??

Our family has been taken care of by Hyperlite since Jacob was in diapers. Greg Dick and Paul Obrien have been nothing but great to all of us.
CWB has really stepped it up with their team and the technology of their boards. (and Bates is awesome for sure) Mendes is awesome for Liquid Force as well and is a great rep as well. My boys like the boards they ride and they like the way Hyperlite has taken care of them.

Glen, can't wait to get to Otown in Feb. Sounds like you and the boys have been hard at work on the sliders. Jacob is stoked. Randy, we will see you and Alex out there.

Tony....love you man! (tell your parents hi!)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-28-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
Robyn, you are right. Plus your kids deserve it. Sometimes my support turns to overzealousness. i have nothing against Hyperlite and I am glad Eddie & Jacob get the hook up. I guess my comment comes from the folks that don't know there is any other company besides Hyperlite.

In no way would I diss you, your boys or the company that takes care of them. Anyone that takes care of a friend is alright by me! Plus you have got to be the coolest wakeboarding mom in the world. Thank you for everything.

Ride what feels right for you. Don't sweat the details, just have fun!!! If you aren't riding for yourself then you are in this sport for the wrong reason.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
:-) thanks robin love u too, tell the boys what up cant wait till next year and randy i dont have ur guys # so it would be cool to have it because hookin up at the delta sounds sick so heres mine for now (559) 994 7008 just give me a heads up and im down for it pluss ill prolly be at the delts wakeboard camp alot this season.
Old     (andrew_dyrhood)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Randy, just riding and staying in shape here in arkansas...as far as i've heard...TSR is big potential for the season opener. It might go up into wisconsin, over to the north east. Yes i plan on riding it all this year..really worked hard this year after ft. worth and still am..GEttin pumped for spring riding and the first stop
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-30-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
Sparky how much more facts do you want? I said I have never had a warranty claim that CWB has not taken care of in three years. That is zero, silch, nota one. Thats the facts, they take care of their customers period!!!Iam not saying that Hyperlite dosent, it just takes them awhile, and I dont think their customer service is as good. Imo. Yes IMO CWB has the best warranty in the biz. How can I not think that when they have taken care of every customer I have ever sold to.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-30-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
all this talk can go on and on, but if you buy from a GOOD local shop you get warrantied on the spot and they handle the warranty service with the manufactur.

I know some shops dont do this, but the ones I work with do, and that is why I dont mind paying a bit more for the boards there. Saving 30 dollars on a 300+ board isnt worth having to wait six weeks for shipping and a warranty process when I know I can walk in my shop and walk out with a new board or bindings.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       11-30-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
With ya 100% Mike.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-30-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
I'm sorry Jeff. You said they, (CWB), stands behind their product like no other manufacturer. That is simply not a true statement, or a fact. That was my point. I'm glad you are happy with CWB and their treatment of your customers. CWB is one of the better companies for sure. Your opinion is obviously jaded though.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-30-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
See I don't think that is actually true Sparky. I believe that Hype actually has a one year, no questions asked warranty policy and then after that it comes down to a Limited Lifetime Warranty. I'm having trouble backing this up because I can't find their warranty info anywhere, I've looked everywhere on their site as well as other places. Please someone, type or copy the warranty policy so we can compare them side by side.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-30-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Stephan, it's true. Any HL dealer can verify this. If you do a search on the subject on this site, you will find proof. It's been verified before.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-30-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
I did a search and found your words, again going head to head trying to discredit Jeff.

"Jeff, even more reason you should be familiar with HL warranty if you really do own a boardshop. If they decide it's not materials or workmanship, they will repair it for free for life, and they do some sweet repairs. Definetly worth it to send it in if you're not experienced with repairing wakeboards. And if they can't repair it, they will authorize the dealer to sell you a new one at half off retail. Jeff, name some other wakeboard companies that have lifetime warranties on boards and bindings. I've been in the sport for six years and don't know of any others."

~Let's Compare~
Original Full Warranty Period:
CWB= 2 Years
Hyperlite= 1 Year

Procedure Following End of Full Warranty Period:
CWB= Limited Lifetime Warranty - at manufacturer¹s option, be replaced at one half the current retail price, or repaired at cost. This limited lifetime warranty is in effect for as long as the original owner keeps the board.

Hyperlite= Limited Lifetime Warranty - (per your info) they will repair it for free for life, and they do some sweet repairs. Definetly worth it to send it in if you're not experienced with repairing wakeboards. And if they can't repair it, they will authorize the dealer to sell you a new one at half off retail.

So uhhh, where do they differ? The years of full warranty. Why in September were you vehemently defending Hype's policy of replacement at 1/2 of retail and now have changed their policy to say that no matter how old the board they will replace it 100% as long as it's not been used on a slider. Is that how you know so much? You make Hype's warranty policies. You certainly make it different each time you reference it. So what is Hyperlite's real policy as not stated by you?

And in your sixth year you learned something new...
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
Liquid Force.. love that theyre really supporting women.. not saying that other companies dont but theyre making a new "movement" exclusively for women... although this year hyperlite has like 4 girl boards and thats great. but LF bindings are the comfiest.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-01-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Big Heavy knows what hes talkin about. Its really not all about whats writin on the warranty card, thats just the start. Its when you need to use the warranty and you call them to get the board or bindings replaced is when I think CWB steps up better than any board company Ive sold, and yes I have sold both. I sold Hype in Cali., and now I sell CWB, and from my dealings with both you cant compare. CWB has been a pleasure to deal with on all ends, and I feel lucky to sell their product!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-01-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
A warranty card is written by a lawyer as a means of protection so they dont have to issue replacement product for every little bit of damage the CONSUMER causes, its just groundwork, who your working (local shop is my suggestion) and how you approach them are 90 percent of the warranty process.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
All I hear is Blah...Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah.

Stay tuned for another episode of Winter Wake World Pissing Contests.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Shawn, agreed. I need to get me my drysuit so I can go back to wakeboarding in comfort. I don't think I'll be such a confrontational A-hole then. I just need to ride!!! I think I'm gonna go pick that up on the 17th & 18th, who wants to ride after that??
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-01-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Stephan, the difference is HL will replace the board or bindings FOR LIFE, not one or two years, for workmanship and materials. I have never changed anything I've said regarding HL's policy, cuz it's always BEEN THE SAME! The half off retail and lifetime free repairs has NOTHING to do with the materials and workmanship warranty. And I was not refering to myself, but others who verified the warranty in past threads.

(Message edited by wake upppp on December 01, 2005)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2005, 8:56 PM Reply   
Okay there Sparky, I guess you didn't say "if they can't repair it, they will authorize the dealer to sell you a new one at half off retail." You did change what you said. Whether it hasn't changed or not you haven't stated it the same. That's why I really would like to see a transcript of Hype's warranty. I want to see what it actually says. I will believe you if I see a version that isn't Sparky's version ie. the official version. (Kinda like I quoted C-Dub's warranty above.)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
Stephan, I changed nothing. I've always stated it the same cuz IT'S BEEN THE SAME! Put the bottle down and try and comprehend what you're reading. HL dealers have verified it in past discussions. Believe what you want, but the song remains the same.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-02-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Maybe Sparky is right and that's why the company is a trainwreck right now..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
I don't know if I would consider more boards sold world-wide than any other company a trainwreck... not just yet anyway.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-03-2005, 1:02 AM Reply   
All hail the infallible Sparky
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-03-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
...takes a bow...applause roars...