Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    walt            11-02-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Have you met a regular riding partner through WakeWorld?

The results surprised me a little bit.

So far 83.58% said no.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
It suprised me too but my vote was NO as well.
Old    walt            11-02-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
I think that about 90% of the people I board with are from WW.

I've met so many great people on here !
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
90%,me too....just not one regular.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
hell...even more then that...95%
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
100% of the poeple I ride with are because of ww. Some directly. Some indirectly.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-02-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
I would love to meet people from Vegas on here. I'm looking for some good riders to help me out.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-02-2005, 10:49 PM Reply   
Oh and by the way if anyone is looking to come to Vegas hit me up! I can always find a deal for you. Later

(Message edited by bucnoles on November 02, 2005)
Old    murrayair            11-02-2005, 11:15 PM Reply   
I had to say "no" also, for the same reasons as Ed. I have met a bunch of people that I have ridden with just once or twice. I mean, it would be totally cool to start riding regularly with any one of them, but for whatever reasons it just doesn't happen.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-03-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
I too have met lots of people through wakeworld.
Some were one timers, some have hung-out a few times and others have become the regular crew.
But invariably, all the people I've met through wakeworld have been good people.
This is a pretty cool thing we got going on here. Shhhhh.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-03-2005, 6:21 AM Reply   
I've met a few people from WW, but the majority of the people I ride with I met at the INT's.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-03-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
I have. Now the old man won't leave me alone. He even follows me to the Desert now

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-03-2005, 6:50 AM Reply   
I have, but I didn't do the poll. Didn't even see it

(Message edited by sperbet on November 03, 2005)
Old    swass            11-03-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
I was surprised. Everyone I ride with I met here. Well, there are a few exceptions, but not many.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-03-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I am always looking for regular people to ride with in SJ. Unfortunately its hard to meet them with school and everyone's different schedules. I plan on trying to meet up with some WW's next season though. Especially since my crew has seemed to evaporate.
Old    proklater            11-03-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
San Jo huh? Im from Mtn View but going to school on the centarl coast right now(CCAWWWWW).... I definetly plan on meeting some people when Spring comes around in the Bay when I get back from school....
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
Probably at least 90% of my crew I have met through WW.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-03-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
I have met some great people from WW.. directly or indirectly. :-)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       11-03-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
Everyone I ride with, or have rode with, is a WakeWorld member.

I'm part of Buzz's 90%.

-Blake
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-03-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
in the last two seasons I have rode with over 30 people directly off of wakeworld. Some once, some a few times, and the two guys I ride with on a regular basis.

Never once had a bad experience.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-03-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
Hit me up when you get out Jon. I am graduating this semester(knocking on wood) and cant wait to get out!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
My best friends are from WW. The deeper I've gotten into boarding the less I hang out with others that don't share my passion for the sport.

I used to look forward to hooking up and with my buddies, watching sports, and drinking on the weekends. Now I can't wait to get up at the crack of dawn, rush to the lake, and jump in 50 degree water.

As a direct result of this web site I have boarding friends all over the west coast. I used to despise going on business trips but now I can't wait to see who I can hook up with from here whenever I travel.

As an example I met everyone of these Pacific Northwest people on Wakeworld and I consider them good friends now.

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-03-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
I’ve hooked up with one and a half boarders form WW online and one likely ride for next year. OK, the one from this year was someone looking for a ride, I gave him a pull on two occasions. The half was someone that came once for the boat ride, but not boarding.

The only boats that I’ve ridden behind were my dad’s 16-footer when I was young and my own boats. I ran into the Kevin from Mid-Ohio water sports once this summer. I posted once late in the season on the find a third, be a third board and heard back from Kevin. He offered me a pull next season. It will be cool to ride behind a different boat and compare the ride and wake.

Sometimes not finding a third can be a killer, I’ve had days where I thought I had a crew of 6 to 8, and was lucky to end up with a third. It sounds like there are way more boarders on the west cost. Find a third be a third is very cool, I’ll try to extend a few invitations on that find a third be a third board next year and see what happens.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-03-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
a few people on here but the guys i regularly ride with i met on wakeboarder

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-03-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
All my riding buddies were met from WW. My closest friends are were met off wakeworld too. The Socal ones can't get rid of me.!!!
Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
Everybody I ride with I met thru WW, or met thru someone from WW.

trace
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       11-03-2005, 11:47 PM Reply   
Me too...in fact Trace was the first person I rode with from here. What's up Trace?!! Everyone I ride with is from here. I even met my boyfriend from WW.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2005, 1:56 AM Reply   
I feel I have a reasonably large network of riding friends in NorCal, beyond and always growing, especially since we've only been in Cali for 3 yrs. And like Trace, virtually every one of them was met directly through WW or introduced through somebody from WW.
Thanks, WakeWorld!!

Plus whenever I'm bored and/or grouchy, I can just log on and find an endless number of people just itching to engage in empassioned arguments over trivial matters. Now that's entertainment!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-04-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
I second your post Doc....from A-Z!

Especially the last line.LOL
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-04-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
No, I have my own crew from the big state of MA. But I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-04-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
i've met people on here too. I wish i were closer to more WWs, would be nice to meet and ride with more of you.

yea, the forums can be pretty funny.. its nice to be able to ask you guys ANYTHING that remotely relates to this sport. Hell, you convinced me to drill a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom of my boat! and it worked beautifully
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-04-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
I have only road with 2 people from wakeworld Buzz from So Cal and Alana from Grants Pass near me. But have talked to lots of cool people
Old    wakelvr            11-04-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
My friends Rod and Laurie got my hubby and I into wakeboarding. One time, and we were hooked. I found Wakeworld by accident on the web and the first two people who started talking to me online were Rod Rinnert and Joe Umali. I found out that Rod worked at LLNL with me, so I emailed him and we met for the first time over lunch. Soon after, Joe (without meeting me in person yet) invited me and Ja on a camping trip with a large group of people at Don Pedro. It was there that I met a large group of people whom we formed relationships with (thanks Joe:-) After the trip, we just kept meeting more and more people. Oh, I almost forgot, before the camping trip, I recognized Christie Fisher's boat from Wakeworld and walked right up to her at Orwood and introduced myself. I think I startled her, and she probably thought I was crazy, but eventually we became friends:-)

All but two people I met on Wakeworld, some from out of state...... Thanks Dave!