Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I have never had a nice wake vest until this season. before i had cheap/ simple neoprene vests from walmart and cost-co.

I have a Body Glove Eco vest (2007 line) and it has a hidden belt design (you know, when the belt goes under the neoprene inside the vest so to speak) like most other wake vests out there.

Sometimes the belts get tangled up and it is a HUGE pain to try to straighten them out again, because they are under the neoprene skin.

Are all vests with "hidden belts" such a pain?

any suggestions to keep it from happening (other than keeping the belts buckled while it is off)? or suggestions to untangle the belts?

If i ever get another vest, i am most likely going to get one without hidden belts, unless i find or hear of one that has a design that somehow stops it from happening.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-31-2008, 1:56 AM Reply   
my A-10 did it in the back. i would fix it several times and it would go right back. i finally just left it.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-31-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
My old Jetpilot did that and got twisted real bad, I never cared enough to fix it though it never bothered me.

My Helium SWAT vest hasn't twisted any yet, but now that I've typed this my vest is gonna be all tangled for sure.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-31-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
once they get twistd, its pretty hard to get them straight. i just leave mine as well.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have had a rip curl stealth for 3 years and it hasn't twisted at all on me. I have had other vests that have and it is definitely a pain.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-31-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
My Jetpilot Full Metal Jacket has never twisted on me. This is because the straps are hidden into the vest and not on the outside. The ones I've owned where they are on the outside always twisted.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       07-31-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
I have the Full metal jacket as well, they are not actually twisted but they are folded over inside the vest and i just ignore it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Eubanks
i think i might agree that the vests with straps on the outside get twisted more easily, but they are a cinch to un-tangle. the ones on the inside suck to untangle when and if they ever do twist. What is even worse, is when you fix a friend's vest who had such a nasty wreck that the foam inside folds and twists inside and also gets tangled arround the inner belts. took me over an hour to fix that vest... uhhhh.
-----------------------------

ive recently found that the vests with straps that are hidden ONLY in the back are not too hard to keep straight. there seems to be enough room to push and pull the strap through each side to get to any twists without too much hassle (because only about 50% of the strap is inside the vest). But ones like mine where only 2-3 inches show... man it is a pain. Mine was soo twisted that it was grabbing the foam on the inside, making it hard to tighten the straps, but it is good now... for now...

thanx for the posts though, everyone

(Message edited by wakerider111 on July 31, 2008)
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
I think that most of them do it, if they aren't sewn in you can tie a string the the buckle and pull it out, untwist it and pull it back through. Just be sure you don't pull it through without the string, they're apain to get back in!