Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (rmartin)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
I'm planning a boarding/camping trip and Naci is looking like a good option. Does anybody have experience or advice on this lake? Camps to try to get, where the glass is? Also if anyone knows of any lakes within 2-3 hours of the south bay that have good camping and enough water, I am open to suggestions. I normally go to McCluer but it's looking a little too low this year.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-28-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
Um Naci... yeah. Not sure how much water is in there. Poach the Narrows if you have to but you run the risk of getting a ticket. There isn't really much of a choice for campsites. They're all pretty much at the main marina launch area or near the entrance. When are you planning on going? There is an okay cove past Bee Rock on the right side. You can also check out the very end of Las Tablas. That can be alright.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on May 28, 2008)
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
depends on weather and time. if you're up early it's nice. the weekend before memorial weekend it was 110, but last weekend it was 60. suppose to be upper 70s low 80s this weekend. but the water was warmer than the air last weekend, which was great. there's coves and shoreline which is good. san antonio is more of a straight shot lake so if the wind picks up, es no bueno.
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-28-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
San Antonio has way better camping because you are right on the water with naci being low the sites can be quite a hike, and it will be pretty risky doing anything against the rules at naci because the new ranger from last year is way too excited about stopping people. He pulled me over a couple of weeks ago because he did not like the way I was going into a cove and he gave me a full inspection, he tried to give me a $700 ticket but I played ignorant and got out of it.
Old     (rmartin)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
We're looking at going mid week in early June. I like the idea of having some nice coves to set up day camps in. Are there any good beach areas to set up on that aren't too steep? Campsites aren't a major concern. We just need somewhere to set up tents to sleep. Any other lake suggestions?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-28-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
that place rocks, dont forget your AK and gloch 9. hope you know how to play with knives. dude have a blast that place is so rad. oh and san antone way sick, loaded with gang bangers packed in the over flow and what do you know not one of them has a boat. i know where ill be this weekend lates B
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-29-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
My advice for Naci is ride before the sun comes up cuz thats the only good water you will see all day. And the Rangers are all A-holes, keep that in mind too.
Old     (gwondo)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-29-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
Naci is a pretty good lake. I will be out there next weekend. It is definitley low which makes it easy to find a beach to set up day camp.If you are going to be there mid week the water should stay decent until late morning. Otherwise plan on watching the sun rise as you ride if you are there on the weekend. The back of the lake towards the narrows and las tablas usually will hold out for good water. The camp sites will be away from the water right now but it should not be that bad of a walk down to the boat.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
Robert- If you are planning on going mid week you should have no problem with smooth water providing there is not alot of wind.

Don't let some of these comments keep you from coming to a nice lake, this lake is no different than any other lake that gets blown out or gets choppy, as far as camp sites, again you should have no problem with getting one, the water level is right above 55 % which is pretty normal for Naci excluding the last four years.
Old     (rmartin)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
Thanks CAR. Everyone seemed pretty quick to bash it, but had no other alternatives.
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2008, 10:36 PM Reply   
i agree with car. it's a great lake. car's also right on mid-week. you'll have plenty of great water and unlike san antonio, where u camp on the beach, naci has a lot of coves good for day camping and horseshoes. couple years ago i use to ride on thursdays. somedays there were only a handful of boats out!!