Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has any experience doing this. I know you will probably lose the optimal amount of flex, but I was wondering how much difference there was. I am interest in an 08 board, but like the Shanes.
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
You could do it on an 08 board because they have the other mounting positions on the boards now. I doubt it will make that much of a difference because everyone that rides a flex board such as the ronix covenant or hyperlite roam has normal bindings on it.
The covenant works great for me with the ronix cells on it. So im sure you can rock the Shanes on a Slingshot.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
i wish i would have done that.... but check out the the PB Floyds...the boar will flex better and I like them about as much as I did my 07 shanes (best boots ever)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
check the '08 boots first to see what you think

as for robbing of flex, i don't know if anyone could truly say how much of a difference it really makes.

i personally like not only the idea of getting all the flex possible (despite the significance involved or not involved) but i li8ke the idea of a 4 hole mount pattern and i like the slingshot base plate with the on-the-fly adjustments which comes ESPECIALLY handy when i share my board with others to try.

I bet within 2 years most of the wake companies will provide mounting patterns for both styles, just like closed toe has become an option provided by all the wake companies now. So you will have other options in the future for the 4 hole mounting. from the recent pics of co. wake's proto, i expect co. wake will be the next 4 hole boot provider.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-29-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
I ride 08 shanes on an 08 slingshot. I love it, you dont lose that much flex, but you *might* have to grind your base plate a little bit since the plate's are a little small (at least they are on the 08 shanes).
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-29-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I was considering getting an 07 slingshot board and bindings, but I think I like my shane's too much so I'll have to think about getting an 08 slingshot. Now that I saw the o'brien local thread, i might consider that too.