Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
I just started wakeboarding late last year. I got a CWB pure w/ vapor hinge boots for Christmas and finally was able to get out this year and try it out. I am having a hard time getting comfortable w/ the position of my feet on the board. I think I have 3 positions from the inside of the board to the edges. I am in the middle screw holes. The boots are set on a slight angle w/ my toes facing out. I feel like my knees are in a bind when I am riding and I am having a hard time going out wide. I can get about 1/2 the rope length out of the wake then my knees start hurting. Any suggestions? I can take some pictures of the board tonight if that will help.

Thanks
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
Pics.
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
pics of your set up would be nice...also tell us your height (ie if you have long legs or not). Most people these days go in the baller stance (make em as wide as possible)...but this isn't always best.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
I am 5'8" (180lbs). I did move my boots out and can move them out still. I will get some pics tonight of the board setup.
Thanks
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-27-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Stand still, jump straight up and land looking straight in front of you not down. Now look down at your feet. Put your bindings like that.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-27-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
You could also stand in front of your board as though you were talking to someone, or just when you're standing around talking to friends, and take note of where your feet are and what sort of angle they are at, that should be a comfortable resting position for you. If you are just starting out you may or may not want both feet at the same angle. Some people find it easier to have their back foot pretty much square on and their front foot at a slight angle, that's how I started out anyway. It doesn't work too well if you want to ride switch though.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Can anyone give my an idea how to reduce the file size so I can post the pictures? I am not having much luck.

Jos,
I had my old board setup that way and someone told me I needed to set the binding up neutral so you can ride both directions. I really can't do this yet but I figure I would fight one battle at a time.

I did the jump test and I landed w/ my feet wider then my binding are now, so I should move my binding out to the last hole I am guessing.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
Finally I got it.
Should I move the binding out to the last screw hole? When I did the jump test the duck angles were not much different then what I have now, but this is the part that seems to be hurting my knees. Should I increase the angles too?
Thanks

Upload
Old    thebiggmann            05-27-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
Where do your knees hurt?
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
just below the knee, inside and out on the left foot in this picture.
Old     (matt5)      Join Date: May 2007       05-28-2008, 5:24 AM Reply   
Have you had your knees checked out? That looks like a pretty comfortable stance to me.
Old     (trd)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
No, not lately. My right knee has been my problem but that is from baseball. I have never had a problem w/ my left knee. I feel like when I am trying to go out wide to get up speed I am in a bind. My left knee feels like it is pointing towards my right knee. That was my last run so I didn't make any adjustments after that. I made little adjustment all day just trying to feel comfortable. Wakeboarding is new to me. I am a slalom skier for about 25 years, so I don't know if this is something I need to get used to or not.