Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-24-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
How much difference does a good rope make? I've always had a plain jane rope, and I've never noticed a difference. Fast forward to now...we traded in the I/O for a new inboard, and with 1500+ lbs of ballast all my tricks are going bigger and farther into the flats. I've noticed that lately when I land a really "big air" trick, the handle will pop out of my hands. I've also increased my riding speed. My question is, could part of the reason be due to a "stretchy" rope? Never had this issue before, but as I said I haven't been going this big in the past either. What is a good rope that you guys and gals would suggest? As always, thanks in advance for the input.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-24-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
you NEED non-stretch spectra or any other wakeboard specific line.. regular waterski "rope" is not designed for wakeboard application.. it will continue to strectch over time and also, not allow you to properly load the line when leveraging against tower, hence more speed, making learning curve unnecessarily more difficult and inconsistent at best.. most manufacturers have their own handles and mainlines ranging up to 75' and you can add sections for increased length.. good luck!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-27-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
I just moved up to an A-line rope this year. I'm still using a cheapo handle but I can really tell a difference. "NEED" is a bit strong but for the money (I got the line for $43 shipped) it was well worth it. I wish I made the purchase sooner.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
There are rope and handle combos on boardersbestbuy.com all the time at very reasonable prices. Today they have a great deal on Proline Militia 17" Carbon Handle. check them out http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
Does the proline militia handle float?
sorry for the hijack
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
There is no comparison between riding with a cheap ski line vs a wake-specific line. I rode out of desperation with a ski line last week behind my buddies boat and after strictly riding with non stretch lines for the past couple of years, the difference was incredible (in a bad way). It was very difficult to load the line as it stretches on you and I found it hard to get a solid, consistent pop off the wake.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-27-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
I figured a new one would help. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I'm signed up for boardersbestbuy email alerts, so I'm hoping one comes up soon. I'd like to know what the more popular ones are so if I see one I know if it's a good deal or not...