Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
Guys I've had my boat posted for sale for quite some time now with little to no interest. I know some of you out there are looking at new boats right now so can you help me out with an idea of what I should be asking for it?

The nitty gritty is 07 22SSV w/35 hours, full stereo w/sub & transom remote, bimini, entry steps, prop, ect. Its in like new condition and the numbers haven't even been put on yet.

There is nothing wrong with it, I just don't get the high I used to when I think about going out. Call me crazy. LOL

Anyhow, I've been asking $55,500 for it. What kind of price is going to snag me a buyer? I don't even know what I personally would pay for a used 22SSV so I'm having trouble.

Thanks for any and all input!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-18-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
www.nadaguides.com

Sounds like a nice boat :-)

The price is dictated by the buyer, and this is not a sellers market. Start dropping the price. Remember dealers still have left over 07's they are trying to blow out. Make darn sure to put it in the boat trader, and local spots also. Craigslist is a good free means. The season has just started for most, so now will be the best opportunity for it to sell.

I am sorry to say, you are going to take a huge loss on the boat, as that is what boats are, losses. Keep lowering the price until you sell it.

Not sure how much you owe, but often people are upside down in their boats, and it makes it even harder, since the seller has to pay the bank in order to sell the boat. Not saying that is you, but it is common.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-18-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
drop it just under fifty and it will be gone. it sounds like you made some payments and are trying to get payoff amount. probably will not happen bro. its so much easier to finance a new boat. its just to much hassle som etimes to drop such a big number at the bank and say the boat is "used" i know it suck bro i went through it with my sanger. i sold it for 42k it was seriosly 9 months old and not a scratch on it. i still was at 44500 pay to the bank, bad time to sell all in all, if you have to sell you have to sacrifice if you dont have to sell dont.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-18-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
i forgot, look on all the sites for your boat exactly and really all you need to do is put your boat a grand lower than anyone else's and you will get hits. good luck man i feel your pain.

you can also try stripping your rde down, try selling stereo equipment and other aftermarket items on the side and getting some coin in your pocket in turn lowering the price and giving the buyer a blank canvas to create thier own systom etc....

just thoughts good luck.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-18-2008, 10:45 PM Reply   
got any pics of it? if you drop the price I just might be interested. it sucks to say and I don't wanna sound like a cheap sob or anything...but their right..with the dealers getting 08s and needing to sell their 07s its much easier to buy a "new" boat at the same price from the dealer because of the financing.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-18-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/537783.html?1207324679
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of the honest replies and lack of flaming! :-) I might try putting it in boat trader at the asking price and seeing what happens then dropping the price accordingly. Its been on CL and onlyinboards.com for quite a time now, but nothing serious. I'll get people asking if its still for sale and when I respond I get nothing. Even if I follow up.

The sad thing about being able to take things off is that I didn't add anything! LOL I haven't had time to.

It isn't a necessity that I sell the boat, I'm just tired of throwing so much money at it. Then in turn not even using it. I imagine things will change as the weather gets better and I find myself less than a mile from the lake when I close on our new house. Problem with that is the water is straight off the Gulf and salty.

Here is the boat for those that are interested in seeing the subject matter. I took off those silly flame graphics. If you're interested PM me and we'll talk numbers. You aren't going to offend me. I'm a salesman and expect low ball offers.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/Trainwreck06/IMG_3099.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/Trainwreck06/Picture205.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/Trainwreck06/IMG_1865.jpg
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-18-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
wow, what a difference without the graphics. that looks insane i cant believe you want to give up such a beauty.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
I got this reply from CL tonight...LOL

"I really like ur boat. All I can give you is some advice and $100.00.
Advice: If you want to get a divorce you have probably been thinking she will get half of everything. (Which is true unless u can prove infedelity, which I can help u with that too) We'll sell the boat to me and she only gets 50 bux. Isn't that great. Please deliver it cause my truck has a flat right now. thx Dave. e-mail me back if interested."
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-19-2008, 3:43 AM Reply   
Nice. LOL. Like the others, you are going to have to lower that price. I have been looking at brand new 2008 22SSVs and I can get a fully loaded World's edition for only 5K or so more than that and an awesome trade on my boat.

Like someone said, this is a buyers market due to the economy and gas prices and that boat is pretty new and the depreciation you take as soon as you drive off the lot is huge.

Good luck with the sale but like others said, you are going to have to drop the price a decent amount.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-19-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
have you tried selling it on dallasboats4sale.

i sold my 05 supra within days of listing it on their website. sold it to a guy in your neck of the woods, Houston.

sharp boat by the way.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-19-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks again for the replies! I'll try Dallasboats4sale as well!

You guys mention lowering the price... we talking high 40s or just lower 50s? I don't really want to throw 10K out the window just to sell it so I might just keep it through the season and run a for sale sticker on it.

Thanks again very much for the input. I love these forums.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-19-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
"You guys mention lowering the price... we talking high 40s or just lower 50s? I don't really want to throw 10K out the window just to sell it so I might just keep it through the season and run a for sale sticker on it."

There is a buyer out there for everything and at your asking price or in the ballpark, but sometimes it can take a while (a long while) to find them at your asking price. IMHO, I think that price is a little to high, I would say high 40's would get you some more truly interested parties. If you don't have to sell right away, as you mentioned, I agree, no reason to drop big just to sell. Ultimately its your choice, but I agree, with the others, its a buyers market for a lot of toys right now, including boats. If I were you, I would just ride it with a for sale sign and keep your various listings updated. Best of luck.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
A friend of mine had to drop his 07 22SSV to $47,000 to move it...

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-19-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
Boat trader is where I sold my boat and fast once the ad was online, I got a bunch of inquires.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       04-20-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
I bought my 2007 22 SSV for less than that, brand new from the dealer. You have a great looking boat, but like other people have said, there are new 07's out there. Check the local dealer to see if he has 07's, that might help your price point a little.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-20-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
Jeff I sent you an email, but if you want to post what you got yours for here. It might help me and a potential buyer get a better deal. :-)

I talk to my dealer all the time and consider him a friend. I know he's got an 07 Sunsport 22V for $49,999 but I don't think thats a fair comparison. The 24SSVs he's got are all over $60K.

In the position that I'm in I don't want to put it on consignment somewhere to pay tem some + pay it off when I sell it for $5K less than the bank needs.

Looks like its going to reside in my garage for a while. May as well enjoy it instead of paying for something I don't have.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-21-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
trainwreck, you should be able to get a fully loaded 07 closeout for low 50's, maybe even high 40's. plus TTL. Basically your boat.

I'm always trying to watch the market on what our baots are doing, it's hard b/c not alot are for sale.

IMO, just suck it up and keep it, it will be cheaper IMO in the long run ( 12-14 months). Wait till next year and the economy should be better. Unless your at a point where you just have to dump it, at which point I think 47 would be a good number like Ken mentioned.

There's alot of stuff to sell off that boat, stereo, tower speakers, amp, z-5 cargo rack ( if you have it?)