Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    mobster            03-02-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Slide show of MB Tomcat Air Show With Charley Stevens & Cris Cabezas on the home page www.mobgroup.tv/home.htmlUpload
Old    surfdad            03-03-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Shoot, JL I hate to be the only one that can't find this stuff all the time! :-) I'm going to have to request a geriatic link. :-) I honestly tried to find the slideshow, but couldn't. Where am I messing up?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-03-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
ditto, couldn't find it.
Old     (surf_rage)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-03-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
me too!
Old    surfdad            03-03-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
Yeah! It's not just me! :-)

JL when you get a minute, we'd love to see the pics. You take such spectacular stills and videos.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
It was down in the right bottom corner this morning but it is gone...
Old    mobster            03-04-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Server problems solved check home page
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
that's such a sick shot
Old    mobster            03-04-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
File is reposted on the home page sorry about the dead link It's back under the mob films logo enjoy thanks to John @ www.mbboats.comUpload
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-04-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Perhaps this is the reason wakesurfers are not looked upon so kindly by legislators:
Upload
Old    surfdad            03-05-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
I wasn't going to say anything about this, but the more I thought about it the more it irritated me. I hate when prejudice raises it head like this and makes generalizations. I don't mean to condone the behavior in this photo, but the intimation is that ONLY wakesurfers behave like this. Which, IMO is inflammatory and totally unfounded. Further, the suggestion that it is bad behavior that motivates legislative action is also unfounded. However, please offer some evidence that would possibly support your suggestion.

I have had the opportunity to meet many professional athletes that wakesurf, including Charlie Stevens in the picture. Many, not ALL, but many of these athletes are pompous and self-serving. They actually start believing their own press and act like everyone adores them. Charlie is NOT one of those. We had him on our boat for the better part of a day at Surfest last year. He is respectful, polite, soft spoken and an incredible athlete. He's also a young man and if it's one thing we all know, boys will be boys. I doubt that he caused any property damage but my guess is that he'd make it right if that happened.

The MOB group folks are a bit "fringe"'ish. But they also make considerable effort to be responsible. They post warnings about how to safely winch that takes into consideration not only safety elements but also not disrupting other users of the area.

I also know that the MOB group folks are pretty responsive to public opinion, no doubt if they want to jib structures, in the future, they'll bring their own as they have done in other videos. Also remember that they are like any publication/film company...posting pictures or text on how to properly put your PFD on doesn't sell copy. Check any skateboard magazine where folks are grinding public property, etc.

Anyway...wakesurers by and large are mostly families: mom's, dad's, kids and we are respectful, law-abiding folks.

Well except for Ed and Dennis. :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-05-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Hey! I'm working on getting ligit with the boat weight thing.
Old    surfdad            03-05-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Call me when you aren't such an outlaw! You engineers are all the same - that pocket protector is terrifying! :-)
Old    mobster            03-05-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
My bad on posting the photo . No Boards or Buoys or Surfers were harmed in that photo session and it was more of a self defense move on Charley's part as the buoy came into play after a turn he avoided the rest We at MoB Group.tv advocate safe riding practices at all time and want everyone to have a safe surfing experience Behind the scenes of Photo & video session's we sometimes cross the line to bring the public shots that have new and different angles. We are professionals & use professionals to come up with the shot's or clips so please follow the legal guideline's for you state and always use A PFD the life you save could be your own. Enough with the disclaimer no go out and Rip MoB Group TvUpload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2008, 11:27 PM Reply   
hahaha nice. dude chris is throwing some little boosters since the last time i saw him. looks like his board was working well... could quads be the future?