Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-03-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have the 03 22ss Ddrive and we would like to try learning Wakesurfing this summer. It is equipped with the stock 400lb rear, and the front ski locker sac has been upgraded to a 650+ sac. I also have the 150# brick and an additional 440# sac that would fit in my rear trunk or on rear seat or? I just upgraded my prop to the ACME 541 3blade 13*12pitch. So Folks tell my how I should place my existing weight, or what I should add in addition too in order to be most successful? Appreciate any/all help!
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-03-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Stock 650 in the bow and also the fat brick,400 and the 440 in the rear AND A 700 FAT SAC TO LEAN IN OVER.Alot of weight in the rear to kick it up tall,weight on the side of the motor to lean it over and in the bow to make the pocket longer.I think your wake would be really nice with that weight in the boat
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-03-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
stock 400 with the 440 also in the rear.700 fat sac on the side of the motor.and 650 in bow and play around with the extra 150 to fine tune the wake. you want more weight in the rear to kick up the wake tall,weight on the side of the motor to lean it over and weight in the front to make the pocket longer.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
OK, so last Sunday I took it to the local fishing lake just to try my new PPass install and to play with weight. I did the 400 and 440 in the rear, had 3 teenagers(500#) and the 150 brick behind the driver (me @ 195#) to lean it, plus the 650 front locker/bow. It looked like a decent wake to try for surfing (10mph) but I did not notice how far the pocket went back. What is typical? I really did not have any luck getting as good a wake on the opposite side? I am going to shop for a +700 bag, hopefully it will not be too much for the boat together with the passenger weight.
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-12-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
just put it further up in the boat dont put it all it in the corner.you should be alright