Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Ok so i've been surfing my whole life (shortboards), started wakeboarding 8 years ago and wakeskating the last 2 seasons. We got a new V-drive and im ready to get into wakesurfing, this is the main reson for buying a new boat. I wiegh just under 200 lbs and need to know what board to get? I know this is kinda a tough ? but so if theres any other info I can give please let me know, thanks!!
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-20-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
There are lots of info on boards on the site but the main thing most people are going to ask you is what you want to do? Carve it up, Airs, shuvits? Then people will start recommeding the best board for you.

I did the same thing you did last year. Got a brand new boat and never wake surfed. If you have shortboards take one of them out with you. We have a 6' retro fish we take out every time. We got a Inland Surf Blue Lake when we got the boat and it is a great board. You can carve get some air, do some 3s. At the end of the season I finally got some 3s done on it. We also take out a 7'2" board and an inland surf Yellow. Out of all of these the Blue and the retro are surfed the most. Everyone one I ride with is more of a surf style rider and those boards work better for us.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
I ride a 6'4 normally. This vid is pretty much the style of wakesurfing im looking at.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16969 981
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-20-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Ride what they are rideing! At 200# maybe try the Ja Mako from shredd stixx. I have one for my "bigger buddies". Once they get the hang of it they all want to ride my thresher shredder, same length just thinner and narrower.

Jerry is da man!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Here ya go,
http://www.shredstixx.com/
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-20-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Phase 5 OOGLE
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-21-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. What about a yellow loogey? Are they good boards?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-21-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
One of my favs
Old     (ripping_trends)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-21-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the vid....