Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    karvin            09-14-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
ya right, just letting everyone know that www.perfski.com has them for sale on pre-orders for november to febuary delivery!

there are pictures of most board top and bottom and also pics of the chad and harf boots...

400$ seems to be their price :-) pretty good

peace

(Message edited by karvin on September 14, 2006)
Old    karvin            09-14-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
well just checked again and it looks like they added more boots and boards..looks like i came right when they started updating the site lol
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
Well so whats going on with Parks then??? Seems like hes riding for Ronix, but doesn't have a pro model, which is understandable being that he hasn't been riding really, but don't you think thats odd? Hes had a pro model for a long ass time, I mean his name alone on a board will sell it(it always has).
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2006, 12:23 AM Reply   
...really, where is the parks board??? I saw the photo - hi have a "One Board".
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-15-2006, 2:15 AM Reply   
whats the spec's of these boards? continous/3stage, abrupt progressive...
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2006, 5:54 AM Reply   
stuff looks really good.. id like to ride it and see wut its all about... The graphics are deff. some of the best ive seen!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-15-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
Any adtl details on the boards such as width, weight, etc?

Def looks pretty sick, gonna have to demo one here in the bay & see what there all about.

Lzy
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
wow. the frontier is PIMPIN.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-15-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
I like that the boots come in actual sizes rather than ranges like hyperlites
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
I'm going to let you guys go out and buy the Ronix boards and see what you have to say. I couldn't justify pre-ordering a board from this website without knowing anyhting about the board other than "the vault will make you a better rider as soon as you get on it"....lol. They don't even say if they're 3 stage, abrupt, continuous..etc I'm going for the 07 natural for 07 then try out some ronix boards...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-15-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
5 lbs for the combo ( both boats n boards )- thats feathery lite!!!!
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Parks will not have a board coming out this fall. I can only assume it is because he hasn't been able to ride and determine what he would like.

Danny’s board and bindings are the One (name). 3 Stage Rocker and I believe supposed to be more of a surf feel. Closed toe bindings.

Chad’s board is the Covin and will be a 143. It will be a continuous rocker. His binding will be a little stiffer than Danny’s.

The Frontier is the board everyone is seeing Adam Errington Riding. I believe also a continuous rocker.

Emily’s board is the Coy. She has been riding a 137.

They will also have a rail type board that Pat Panakos from the Projects helped design.

All the Pro-Model bindings are due to be closed toe since everyone on the team like them best. But they will have open toe bindings as well.

Otherwise they do have other boards that range in price and design.

Hope this Helps. A lot of this info came from my conversation with Chad at Nationals.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Newby, what do you mean "rail type board?" are you talking about a roam style board? or a regular wakeboard designed to be more durable for rails? if that's the case I'd for sure get one with all the boards I break on sliders. Seems like the premeire is the only one out there that can handle rails for more than a few months...
Old    funkytown            09-15-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
who needs to demo a ronix board when apparently you can land a 1080 on them!

the boots freekin amasing!
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
is it just me or do the bindings look all the same except for the frontier. i mean design not graphics.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
A "Surf" feel? What the hell does that mean?
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Banjamin - I am referring to the board that is similar to a roam.

I guess I can only speculate on what surf feel means as that was Chad's Terminology. But based on what he described the board is not meant to lock in and take off on edge. If that makes sense, i'm sure there is a better description but that was my take.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
B_Tingey, I think they are all pretty much the same they just have different amounts of stiffness/flex to them.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-15-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
So whats up with the interesting binding screw holes?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-15-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
i noticed most of the molded fins are moved closer in from the tip/tail. almost under the riders feet. Sounds like a pretty good idea
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-15-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
and... too bad I have no desire to try a closed toe boot.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
wow, they are exactly the f*cking same as hyperlite. what do you know. We have the drive, the state, the roam, the premier, and the 3ds. at least the bindings look pretty comfy:?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
Who do you think designed the HL's?
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-15-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
the vault looks sick, cant wait to try all of their stuff out
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
What do people think of the Vault. I thought there was a board on the market that helped when riding toe-side? Is it worth it or is it just a crutch for learning to edge properly?
Old     (cadethockey10)      Join Date: May 2006       09-15-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I was wondering that about the vault too, and what about goofy riders (like me) or when your riding switch. Is it more of a beginner board you think? I love the design, graphics and the price haha.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Sick Ronix is makin snowboard boot!!! I didn't know Performance ski&surf sold snowboard gear?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-15-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Im suprised more "CWB guys" havnt been on here trash talking this stuff yet.... ill give it a few more posts
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
Chris,How can anyone trash talk about something they haven't ridden? I think the product looks sick and I am looking forward to checkin it out, when it gets released.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
Chris Waters wrote
Im suprised more "CWB guys" havnt been on here trash talking this stuff yet.... ill give it a few more posts
how about this...

UploadUpload

anyone see a Resemblance

hahaha sorry i had to do it
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Im not trashin, I think the bindings look dope. But they look more like the new snowboard boots I want, than wakeboard bindings! Im not goin to lie, they do look hella comfy.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
Oh and Mohondro, I was thinkin the same thing!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-15-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I agree with ya bg, they look really warm and comfy.
I think those are the sickest ones I have seen in the linup.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
I thought the Scout looked more like a moccasin. Other then that I will save my opinion until after I ride them.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
ya they do look comfy.. they kinda remind me of 32* snowboard boots.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
LOL, Mohondro... That's funny

Dope looking gear, but I'm still having a hard time being sold on closed toe. My feet are rarely cold when I'm riding. I'm liking the fact that the gear is super light.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-15-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
Oh boy more boards for me to Whore myself out on. Good thing the wife took all the credit cards and check book. She finally said no more boards. That was a sad day in Squids world. Product looks good I also like the fact that it will be super light.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I heard they're going to be selling the Frontier and Scout Boot at Disney's Frontierland. Yeehaaaa!!!! I'm gonna trap me a possum!!!

Did anyone notice how the bottom of the Covin comes pre-scruffed? I guess you don't have to feel bad when you use it for sliders.

Overall, I think it looks cool and I think it will push the other companies in a good way.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
"I was wondering that about the vault too, and what about goofy riders (like me) or when your riding switch. "

Well, it wouldnt matter because when you ride switch, your toes are still pointing to the same board edge, its just your front foot that changes. Same as in the state.

I only like the graphics on The One... I didnt care much for the others... but all of the bidings look soooooo comfy! I like Emilys bindings a LOT!
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
Sorry we've not updated our site yet with all the technical spec's. Once we are given them, we will update them for you. We just wanted to get the photos / images of this amazing new line so you could see actual photos of the boards / Boots.

We will continue to work to update this....we just ask for a little patience till we can get the information.

This stuff is truly amazing...seeing it is one thing,....but wait till you ride it!!

Thanks for all your support.

Bill from Performance
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-16-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
"the Vault will make you a better rider as soon as you get on it!"
-Sorry, had to laugh at that Ronix marketing pitch-if it was only that easy!
Old     (tsteeb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
where are those boots with the denim I saw on another post?
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
The Scout boots look like the Burton Sabbaths from 04/05. Kinda different.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
Tyler-You ask, you shall receive!Upload
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
I saw all the new Ronix goodies at OWC last night in their tent. I was quite impressed. The boots are just ridiculous. They have heat moldable liners like a snowboard boot. In fact, I talked to Harf about his boot and he said that it is a modified version of the InstaForm liner that 32 uses for their snowboard boots. I didn't get a chance to ride any of the stuff but the people who I talked to that did said that it's fairly large step forward in terms of comfort and peformance. They also feel noticeably lighter than other boots.
Old     (bigt12)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
does anyone have Ronix stickers?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-18-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
I went and saw the line on Sunday. The most impressive thing that I came away with is that Danny's board/binding setup is a full 5 pounds less than his Hyperlite setup and Chads is 4 pounds lighter. Their manufaturing process is also inovative.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-18-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
I saw it last night at ODub also and it was insane.... those "SCOUT" boots are soooooooooooo light.. feel like ur holding up a big pair of socks..... feathery light.... along with hte rest of the bindings also... and I think they have some of hte sickest graphics this year... on everything.... and there are a bunch of open toe bindings in the line up.
Old    livinlovin            09-18-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
Rode some of their stuff and saw the rest of it, tried on most of the bindings. Amazing stuff, really cool what they are doing and where they are going with it. Really different, not like Hyperlite at all or the rest of the industry. If you have any questions or WANTS email me.