Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 12:02 PM Reply   
Here is the deal.
We have a brand new 2006 75' Houseboat for the week of sept 22-28th. Boat is huge and has 4 Queen bed staterooms and a queen bed Sofa pullout. upper deck can also provide sleeping for another 10 people.
Currently we have 7 people going and we are looking for 2-3 more people to go. We have a 2002 Malibu 23'XTI Ski/Wakeboard Boat, 2005 Nautique SV211, 2005 Malibu VLX .
So you dont have to bring a boat if you do not want.

People we are looking for are:

Responsible adults that are NOT into partying hard and drinking and smoking. There will be no smoking and Little to no drinking.
Must have respect for others, clean up after ones self, Easy going.

I know this is not for everyone so please dont respond back whatsoever if you are not interested .

You will be responsible for providing lunch and dinner for 1 day for everyone. We will share the costs of the houseboat, gas and community items such as paperplates and utensils.

Total cost will be about $300-$400 per person for the whole week.

People who are going now are:
Myself and 2 friends
Club Myke and Wife
Jason and brandon ( dont know thier WW names).
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-05-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   

quote:

Responsible adults that are NOT into partying hard and drinking and smoking. There will be no smoking and Little to no drinking.

i guess i'm out! haha!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
Please get back to me ASAP at webbec@msn.com
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Joe you can smoke outside on the beach!!!!!! But you and frankie are welcome to come.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-05-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Just a comment: three ski boats for 10 people is two too many! I bet you end up towing two behind the housboat all the time.

Your price is great. How do you get it so cheap?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
My friend owns a share of the Houseboat. It only costs him $1500 to use it each week during the off season. So with that and gas we are only looking at about $3K total to split among the people going. (+ food and drinks)

Well the XTI will be used 100% of the time for WaterSkiing.
The VLX for boarding and the SV211 for wakesurfing. LOL.
Actually we are parking it and staying in one place the whole week!! so the boats will get used a great deal. Esp at Powell where there is so much to explore!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
here are some pics:Upload
Upload
Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
I wish i did not have to go out to sea on the 29th or i would go. I am so jealous!!! Have a great time surfing behind Mike's 211!!!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
i could be down...but i mean very little drinking? c'mon now. you have been on a houseboat before right? not much else to do BUT drink.,

please explain more into detail
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
ooooh...now i see "moderate" drinking

i like the sounds of that!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-05-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Erick I may be interested. I have to look at my calender
Old    alanp            09-05-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
does moderate drinking mean i can only drink till i puke 3 of the 7 nights? if so im in
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
i am with alan on this one!! haha, seriously tho

i may be down, maybe not for the whole week but can come out the later part of the trip but still do a dull payment or whatever

dan, maybe i will get to see this wake 2 wake you speak of?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
Johnny and Alan,
Drinking will be at a minimum. There are people who are going and the person who owns the boat do not drink and have requested that the people coming not drink or keep it to a bare minimum. If you are that dead set on drinking then ths trip is probably not for you.
Dan,
You are more than welcome to come ( that will be a long drive for you).

TIM,
You can come for few days cant you. I have a guy coming from Temecula that is only coming from 22-26th. He can drive back and forth and would probably like some company on the drive.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
Tim,
What base are you on?
I will down at 32nd st, Balboa, AMphib, and North Islnad on Wed. If you want to meet up I can give you some more details.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-05-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Eric, I checked with my ex and she will keep the kids so I am thinking I may just so this. I have to check with work etc but I dont think it will be a problem..hey Johnnie, it would be good to see you again buddy
Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
I am actually on the Nimitz out on North Island. The only thing I may run into is the ship is leaving on the 29th, but our department (Reactor) always get a few extra days on the front of our departure day in preparation for getting underway. I also may fly to Kentucky to see my wife that week. I will keep you posted though.

Thanks,

Tim
p.s. why are you traveling to all the bases??? If you got time we can always catch some grub, maybe even at Clubmykes house :-) (Mike are you listening???)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-05-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
eric,

tim comes highly reccomended, and you guys always welcome over for bbq...

another person to check with is daniel (afgan) really good guy..matt and troy also comes to mind...

(Message edited by clubmyke on September 05, 2006)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-06-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
Mike,
If you know anybody else that wants to come give them a call. We dont want anymore than ten people MAX.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-06-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Let me check with my girl...but that is a week we have school, so chances are slim. Thanks for the invite Mike!

and it's agfan, I'm not into opium.

Also, so we'd be on the boat all of those days? or Arrive on the 22 and leave on the 28?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-06-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
daniel,

agfan..afgan...my bad..

yep..22 to the 28th and bring mary along..

(Message edited by clubmyke on September 06, 2006)
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-06-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Sorry, we can't. Too much school stuff going on that week, that week is round 1 for midterms!

Believe me, I wish I could go, and I showed Mary the pictures of the boat, and some others of how beautiful Powel is and she wants to go too, but we just can't.

Have fun though!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Daniel,
Are you going to be able to make it? I might have 2 others flying in as well. Maybe you all can rent a car to get up to Powell from Vegas.
Let me Know by next friday.
Thanks
Erik
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-08-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
sorry dan, not gonna be able to do it.

altho we can meet up sometime if you do fly in to LV
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-08-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
Tim, I'm for sure going to catch some food. I'm bring all my fishing gear. It should be good riding and good fishing this time of the year.
Old    jrss13            09-08-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Erik, you have any spots left still? Myself and 1 other may be interested.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Jeff I emailed you.

Yes there is room but I need to know by next friday who all is going.
Thanks
Erik
Old    jrss13            09-08-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Erik, I didn't receive the email. Hopefully it will come through sometime tonight. My email sometimes can take a while. Where are you meeting on Powell? We would be looking to fly into Vegas which is 160 miles from Zion.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Jeff I will just leave the info here. Fly into Vegas, Rent a cheap car and drive to Page Arizona. Page is about 3 1/2 - 4 hours from Vegas. I will give you exact directions. We will all be meeting in Page at the houseboat ( drydocked) friday morning 22nd, we will load everything up onthe houseboat there and then proceed to Wahweap Marina ( powell). We will be on the lake by 10am, and we are going to take the houseboat to Warm Creek Bay ( about a 1 hour houseboat ride. We will hang out there all week as it is close to a marina, and food and gas if needed. and it is always Butter!!!!
We need to have the boat back on Thursday 28th at 10am. You are free to go then or anytime before then.
We should have a awesome time. If you dont want to bring your board we will have 2 good community boards for everyone to ride.
Let me know as soon as you can if you are coming. It will bring the cost down to around $350 Per person if you two come.

Also you 2 will be responsible for cooking and feeding all ten of us on one given day for lunch and dinner. But the other days someone else will cook for you.
I will explain more later.
webbec@msn.com
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-08-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
Jeff ,
I also want to make sure you are cool with the no Smoking and moderate drinking issue.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-11-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
bump...
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2006, 1:46 AM Reply   
bump bump
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
I wanna go! I wanna go! Oh, wait, have to work, going to Disneyland for a few days,and Sea World with my girl. Dang! Oh, and the whole drinking-thing Guess not this time. You guys all have fun!

What's up my homies? (How about Thurs at San V?)

Have a great trip. Looks like a good group. I think I know all of you but E Dub. Dang!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-12-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
BUZZ,
I have met you once but it was a couple years back at the boat show. No worries I am sure we will meet again soon.

Chris from SoCAL Watersports up here in Murrieta is also going
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Sorry. I am a dope. I do remember. Sure sounds like a fun trip!! You guys suck! j/k Actually, sucks to be me!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
I need to ask....

Where is the negativity towards alcohol coming from? Are they against alcohol or drunkeness? Me and my friends sure enjoy a beverage or cocktail or two or three when on vacation yet we are totally sane while doing it. Meanwhile, my woman pretty much never drinks and she can hang with us. So, could you tell me if this sort of behavior would be appropriate?

Minimal and moderate are two different positions.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-14-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I agree. Sometimes I need a little liquid pain killer after I ride. If I wasn't taking a big trip the next week I would be down. I have always wanted to do Powell.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-14-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
If you are not coming Why do you Care?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-14-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
That may have been a little harsh GD.
Sorry.

The Owner of the boat is LDS!! And it is his rules since it is his boat. So he is not fond of either alcohol or drunkeness. There are also other reasons I can not go into.

Yes there will be some moderate drinking on board. But it will be kept to upstairs and on the shore. People get stupid when they get drunk and since many of us dont know each other all that well we are trying to keep that stupidness to a minimum. Lets not be nieve about Wakeboarders + Alchohol = ????

I have been there and It is just not the atmosphere that we want out there for this week. Most of us are married and in our 30's and have kind of grown out of the "lets get drunk" phase.

There will be plenty of fun out on the lake, Satalite TV to watch all the football games on the weekend, Fireworks, Probably more wakeboarding than anyone can handle, and anything else you can think of.
We have 8 people going right now and can accomidate 2 more people but it is not neccessay.
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-14-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
I was really trying to make it, but my husband can not get it off with such short notice. I could go but I don't think he would be to happy if I went with out him. Maybe next time. You all have a blast, I'm jealous.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-14-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
shannon - can steve call in sick ? i can get a md's note for him..
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-14-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Shannon,

You guys can make a long weekend out of it. Come friday to monday. Only 2 days off that way
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Thanks EDU. I was just curious.

I really enjoy beer with mexican/pizza/sushi and wine with steak/fish. To me they are great additions to life (on weekends/holidays) so I was just curious how/why someone would be so against it.
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-14-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
I'll Keep bugging him, maybe he cool about me going with out him if I take my brother? We'll, I really want to go.
Old     (fyerfytr)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
If this is going to be a yearly thing we would be possibly interested for next year.

Mark