Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
so when I try a 360.. I can either spin it perfectly and land without the handle, or I can do it with the handle pass but as soon as I land I am really far back and I but check and go down... over and over.... also... what kind of cut should I be tacking into the wake??? I have heard you go in pretty slow and pop up at the wake bu when I try taht I case the second wake... heres a video

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/TS-360-attempt-2_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=19784

http://wakepics.com/view_single.php/ts-360-attempt_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=19783
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-10-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
dude, honestly you just need to catch the handle. Keep reaching for it dont let go. You can like a toe 3 without passing the handle. Hold on and put your feet down.
Old    alanp            08-10-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
a 180 on the way up and a 180 on the way down. this is two spins not one. pause(very short) in between the 180s
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
it looks like you are cutting to hard and leaning too much.. try to take it as slow as you can.. that will help you spin..
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-10-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
Chris, by looks of the second link you know you can get the handle, but you overrotated, honestly, you would have been better off trying to take it to a 5, so next time don't pull the handle quite as hard or as fast. In the first link you just missed the handle, but you know you can get it, you got it fine in the other link, so practice and don't overanalyze. You've got it man, you know you can do it, so go do it.

Also, I found that when I was pulling too hard and overrotated when learning TS3 it was easier to land when I waited later to even initiate the spin.

Alan...What? I have never heard of the whole "on the way up" thing. I never even start my rotations until I'm at the peak of the jump. That goes for 3s, 5s, and 7 (attempts, I'm not quite there yet on the 7). Plus that allows you to get a grab in on the way up.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2006, 10:45 PM Reply   
Chris, you have the exact same problem I had. The key to this trick (as alan said) is take it slow. All you really need to do is pop, reach back and get the handle, and the rope will pull you the second 180. You are spinning like a madman, you just need to wait longer to initiate, and let that handle pull you around. The first couple times you land em, it will feel like you shouldnt have: Most of the time I land, i feel like I am about to bite heel edge, and I complete the rotation perfect. You just have to trust that handle instead of huckin it.
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
one thing you can try to keep from slipping out and "butt checking" is to rotate the handle straight down and have your knuckles face the shore instead of the sky. this will get you more on your toes and keep you leaning over the board more. had the same problem on that and heel front 180's. helps whenever you are landing on your toes.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
make sure the handle is in your other hand before you take hand off!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
SLOW DOWN THE SPIN> I would recommend a dgrab and that will pause it long enough for the rope to catch up.