Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    wakecord            08-17-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Looking for worthy replacements for my aging Belmont boots.
I have narrowed my search down to two, both from CD: the PS02 and the FS02. I discounted the AS02 because it seemed too gimmicky with the pump.

I am a cross-over snowboarder riding wakes for the last 8 years. I really like the snow-influenced design.

Only Q: which is going to be the better choice for my size 13 foot and 225# body, will hold like the Belmonts and still let me get out without having to re-lube?

Current boards: Belmont 144, Blade 142. Wakes: medium steep. Trix: surface and w2w (no intentional inverts).

(Message edited by wakecord on August 17, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
I have the CD PS01's. The bindings are awesome. I put them on and off without lube. Once tied tight, they dont come off. But I tie them loosely so I can slip them on and off like nothing. I dont even use the strings, i just leave them tied all the time. They hold awesome, and are super comfortable and very durable.
Old    ricktrav            08-20-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
i have the aso1's and i love them, never sore feet and my ridinr has progressed way faster using them the only thing is that your feet don't come out with them laced up tight unless you hit pretty hard
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-20-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
I also have the PS01's. They are great bindings. Very, Very supportive. It also helped that I got them for $85 brand new on E-Bay. Can't beat that!
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-20-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
Pso1's are great! super comfy and are the closest thing to a "custom" fit you'll find. Like some have said before, they don't come off very easily = hyper-extended ankles and broken feet. Leave the laces loose and they'll love you forever.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-20-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
Ive tied them up once and leave them loose. My feet slip in and slip out like nothing. No soap or lube. I still get tons of hold.
Old    chavezychavez            08-23-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
PS01's are the best bindings these two feet have known.

Follow everyone's advice and don't overtighten those laces and you will be in binding heaven. I think I told you in another forum that if you want the super-duper comfort then the AS/FS will be best, but the PS are more supportive. Either way you will be happy I'm sure.

Pureliquid, you and I both hit the same e-Bay auction buddy!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-23-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
make that 3, i bought those bindings on ebay also. Best deal ever.
Old    chavezychavez            08-23-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
Leo/Pure - that guy is great. I have purchased some ski equip (winter)from him in the past and everything arrived as specified. I check his eBay auctions every now and again for great deals on previous year gear.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-23-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
Chavez - I couldn't believe I walked away with that deal. You couldn't beat it. He also had some killer snowboard deals.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-23-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
Yea, i know. $99 for some of the best bindings i have ever ridden. They are true custom fit and better then ultras.
Old     (hoser325)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-24-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
$85 + s/h off ebay, NIB...can't beat that price.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-24-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
Wakecord, have you tried them on before? The CD rep told me they hax out at 11.5 or so in the XL , so they wont fit my big feet. Look into that