Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
The initial word I got on Orlando Watersports Complex is that Charlie did some significant damage and it may not be reopened for a couple of weeks. Looks like I'm going to have to use my boat, which I haven't ridden behind since last year.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-16-2004, 11:15 PM Reply   
This is off their website...

August 16, 2004 -- Due to the recent storms ravaging the Orlando area, OWC will be closed for a minimum of two weeks while we undergo repairs. We are currently assessing the damage done by Hurricane Charley. A visual inspection shows most of the sliders have submerged, the dock is broken, and one of the cable towers is twisted. We'll post more information of the progress as it happens. A photo gallery of the damage will be available in the next day or two.

We plan to get the forum back up and running as soon as we can. Check back for updates.

The slider spectacular may be postponed if we are not able to get the park back to normal operations.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
A friend of mine just sent me these pics from the devastation in Orlando.

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-17-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
That looks like an Insurance advertisement.

My thoughts go out to everyone in Florida.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
what kind of genius leaves his wakeboard boat in the water when a hurricane is coming? He must have wanted an insurance claim.

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
I had mine hanging in the boathouse but the cover ripped off and the bilge was full of water. Fortunately it started right up. I was afraid that the starter might have fouled up after being underwater for a day.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
Maybe they were out riding during the eye of the storm?? Only kidding I would imagine that they were more concerned with saving their house and family first. Those are the only two things that would come before the boat. I'm amazed how well the dock held up. Get me that contractor
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I think the nautique under the roof was more important than the tige.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Good news! OWC announced that they will reopen the small (the good one) cable this Friday (20th). However, the Fun Box is still down for the count.
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-20-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
I hope everyone down there is alright, my thoughts are with you guys.