Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
dose anybody have a Ronix ONE 142 that is new and wish that they had purchased the 137 instead
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
because if someone does, I have a brand new 137 ,never ridden but want the 142.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-08-2007, 12:32 AM Reply   
you mean a ONE 42? Haha
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
ur best bet is to sell it and get off ronix i have had nothing but problems with my ronix one. If u wanna stick with ronix get a frontier they seem a lot more durable
Old    dabigkahuna            04-09-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Got a One 42 and it's the bomb. Two of my friends have the same board. None of us have had any problems yet. The board is one of the sickest riding boards out there, IMHO.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Yea, get off of Ronix and ride a real board, like a CWB
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
i had a one crack by the inserts i tried to take it back and no luck with ronix so they sent it back now its got cracks all over top of the board and ronix refuses to cover it. id say 400 well spent
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-10-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
I've had problems with my one bindings. Liner ripped out, laces broke.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
hey Anodyne (anodyne) ur hilarious.
yea ive been hearin about a lot of problems with the one, i havent had any, i love it.
C-Dubbs are wayy over priced, Hyperlite lost all thier pros, but if youre stayin away from ronix, id suggest a premier.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
"i had a one crack by the inserts i tried to take it back and no luck with ronix so they sent it back now its got cracks all over top of the board and ronix refuses to cover it. id say 400 well spent"

...still waitin' on those pics...

Really, people, I know boards will have problems, but let's see some photo's so we know what to look for.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Someone should send an e-mail to Ronix asking if they're going to fix the problems with the boards breaking. They should also tell about how everybody on wakeworld is disappointed about the durability of the boards and the word is spreading quickly. I think that would have the boards change for '08 and they would be much more durable.
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-10-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
I just ordered my one board and have already had my one bindings and rode them and love them, but i dont get why people are bashing on how ronix gear is breaking... ive rode hyperlite for a few years now after switching from lf and every board/binding setup i have gotten ive had to send back with my newest set of 07 murrays starting to rip after the first ride.... with every board/binding setup its not if they break its when they break thats why companys have warrantys
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
"They should also tell about how everybody on wakeworld is disappointed about the durability of the boards"

Flat out not true, man. But thanks for speaking for the group.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2007, 5:23 AM Reply   
Call Action Watersports in hudsonville Michigan. I talked with the pro manager Randy. He has seen all the brands with flaws. Boards cracking, snapping in half, boots ripping etc. etc. I like this dealer because they carry all the brands except O'Brien I think. I do know they carry Ronix, CWB, LF,Hyperlite, and Gator Boards. So when it comes to durability questions, I trust their opinions. I bought a Frontier with Cell bindings. Looking forward to riding this set up really hard. I am interested in trying the CWB Transcend as well to get a comparison. I do like the fact that the high end CWB boards are made here in the U.S.A. I know from working with chinese suppliers at my job...the quality of the product is usually 50/50. Could be real good....but when it is a dud....it is really bad. I am sure that the Ronix gear is made in China. I think you will see a trend for U.S. made stuff return because of quality issues. Good example is the Hyperlite Imperial...is being made here in the U.S. I bet in 08 Hyperlite does like CWB. High end gear will be made here and intermediate and beginner stuff will be made in china.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
ALL the people that are hyping ronix up are sure gonna be disapointed when they ride their sick new setup and it cracks. I support what paul is doing and their board designs are great i think they made them a little thin though and thats the problem. A ronix rep also said on some boards the top laquer stuff was put on too thick so they are getting spider cracks all over the first production ones. I already sent my one back to the shop i bought it from and they said ronix refused to cover it and plus they were sold out of ones so they could not replace it so im now riding my 05 era which ive had for two years and has been on sliders, dropped and even backed over by a car and has yet to crack at all. FLAT OUT ronix durabilitly is sub par
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-12-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Lets see some pics. I have been thinking about getting the one board but I might change my mind if they crack and Ronix doesn't take care of the problem.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
"FLAT OUT ronix durabilitly is sub par"

...says someone with no proof. I'm not hyping ANYthing up. It's just a board. You're hyping it DOWN and not backing up your story. Even if you do finally post pics, like others have said - every company has issues of some kind.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
I agree with Jerram..

I remember a few years back when 90% of all LF's graphics peeled off. How about hyperlites bleeding on upholstry? Every company has issues.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-12-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
theyre a new company they probly took short cuts SOMEWHERE for funds.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
jerram if u look at the forum about the one's durability you will see that not just me but about 5 others have had problems with their one. is that enough proof? Im not "hyping it down" i rember when my mini squirt graphics peeled off but then again liquid force covered it unlike ronix im not saying dont buy ronix but wait a year till they fiqure it out then buy all u want cause their board designs are really good

(Message edited by dtownwakeboard on April 12, 2007)
Old     (alt_adjust)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
not one of those 5 people have posted a pic of a busted Ronix board. Just post some pics and we will believe you. I have a One and love it. No problems at all. It would be nice to see what has busted so I can look out for problems.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-13-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
They didn't take shortcuts, they just tried to make their boards as light as possible... which they did.

Issue with that is that they are using the exact same materials as everyone else, so lighter means less strong as well (not to mention the bonus: lower production cost). It just makes sense.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
how does making a board less strong make more sense?
Im sure that .5 pound more would solve the issues and we would be set their boards would still ride great and we wouldnt see this happening. Scott how about Danny breaking one at some comp. He ended up
riding chads and wining but ive only seen 1 or 2 boards break in comps
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
yea, anodyne thats defnately true, my bro has a hyperlite, and it ways x3 as much as my one, no joke. but yea i think everyones came to the same conclusion; next year will be better for RON1X.

i love the way mine rides, crazzy pop, no drag, amazingly light, smooth landings, no swing wieght, great rail-rider, and durable.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
trevor do u even ride rails?