Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2009, 10:31 PM Reply   
Ok i know a lot of you are afraid of talking on this site. I know there are some people here that have nothing better to do but be negative. Feel free to say what you think, ignore the idiots.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-18-2009, 11:07 PM Reply   
I didn't know eeyore posted on WW. anyways bro goodluck w/ that tail and this post.

I been to NE once, it was really really really really really cold. I wouldnt imagine there would be much of the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel this time of year for wake sports in in the cold northeast.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-19-2009, 12:33 AM Reply   
That is probably why most will not reply to your post here Dan....they ARE ignoring the idiot.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-19-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
^^
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-19-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
There was actually a fairly extensive thread on the NE Boat Show already. Dan, Wakecraft in New England? Were there any at the boat show?
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-19-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Dan, you said you were there. Where are your pics? Don't be afraid to tell us and post them.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-19-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
I will as soon as I get home. I brought the camera and the laptop but the software cd to download the pictures is at home. I am staying at a hotel, so you will have them on monday or tuesday.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
I want to tell you all that I was a little uncertain bringing a recently new brand to the boat show, but I believed in it so I did. I thought i would come on a discussion board and get some feedback. Well to be honest the negetivity and condesending tone I was subjected to was huge. I didn't commit to the show until the Tuesday before it started. I am so glad that I did. I was under the impression that I would receive the same snotty response has I have received here, nothing could be further from the truth. The response I got from the public and the other dealers in the area was nothing but positive. The Marsh family at Mastercraft are great people. I watched one of the DVDs they gave me about ten times. The part that Mikey Marsh goes down to Gitmo and entertains his brother and his unit is amzeing. Craig at New England correct craft knows anything there is about boats. I would have someone ask me a question I did not know, I would say I will get the correct answer for you. Craig would have it. The people at seadoo and yamaha jet ski, would not get a coffee without asking if we wanted one first. The Triumph fishing boat guys let us use their power for free. I asked to borrow an outlet until we got power. they were like no sense in you spending extra money use ours. The trailer guys gave us cds they wanted to hear. The dock manufacturer guy told us he would charge us wholesale if we needed to upgrade our dock. The Ray Marine people had their radar on so that we could keep track of the in comming storm. The fourtier's yacht people's son entertained mine on the weekends and when we needed to push the boat to the loading dock to get out, Dan at offshore finances pulled and steered, while I pushed hard at first then I realized The 60 year old owner of the yacht was helping, along with the trailer guys, the dock people, and the waverunner crew. The show ended at six and we were on the road at six fifteen. I left the show knowing there are good people in this industry. I am glad to be home to hug my wife and son, but a small part of me didn't want to leave. I would like to thank all of the people that made my experience a memorable one.
GOOD BOATING to you all
Dan
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-23-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Awesome story thanks for the followup. The people here can be harsh but it normally isn't anything personal just people being brutally honest or flat out joking. Sarcasm is tough to pick out of written word.

Give the wife a hug for me
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-24-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Glad everyone was so nice to you, but where are your pics of your WC and your booth?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-24-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
^^^^^^ agreed. Post up some pics of that WC.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-24-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Dan was there. I saw his boat,I just did not look at it up close.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-24-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
to be clear, i wasn't insinuating that he wasn't at the show, i honestly just wanted to see some pics of his WC.

(Message edited by wakereviews on February 24, 2009)
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-25-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
I thought since he's always on here saying how much he loves his WakeCraft, wishes there were "unbiased" reviews of wakeboats and really wants people to consider WC if they're shopping for a boat, he would be quick to post some pics of WC at the Show too! Maybe he's not that proud after all!
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
lol, Can't get them to upload! I also asked almost everyone if they participated on wake world and only 2 said they have been on it, but they hated how others felt they were intitled to some elite club. One young man siad all he asked was if he was hurting his progression by being behind an IO. He was told to give up the sport. I have said it a hundred times before, I came on here to get the feel of what wakeboarders thought, well what I found at the boat show is completely opposite to what I found here. Bash me all you want, but think what you are doing to the person logging on for the first time. The only way we all survive is by working together. I was always under the impression that this sport was derived from the thought of having fun. I would give anyone a pull, even when i had my sixteen foot four winns. When on the 24 sea ray we would approach good riders and ask them to check out our wake. Dave if you really want you can see my boat at wakecraft.com. It is whit with blue flames. Mine has the PCM 409, heated driver and passenger seats, with a three output heater. It has keyless ignition, 10 speakers with a mp3 an Ipod connection, Swivel board racks and a hot and cold running shower. Oh yeah and the wake is great. I wish i good get the pictures on, there is a great one of my son, wearing a shirt that reads "LIFE IS WHAT YOU WAKE OF IT. I get my wake at Eastcoast wakecraft.
Life is what you wake of it?????
Dan
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Get a jpeg compressor (you should be able to get one for free) then use it to compress and resize photos. I use advanced jpeg compressor.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-25-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Dan, e-mail them to me and I will host them for you and post links. My address is on my profile.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
vso image resizer

download this install it. Select the pix you want to upload. right click set them 1024x768 or 800x600 then upload the resized ones.

I can say though I have been on a wakecraft. The dealer in Az goes to the AWA events and donated 2 towboats @ an event last year. He dragged 2 boats from Havasu to Phoenix (that alone has gotta account for something). The wake is ok stock not too big. The engine screams, and by screams I mean loud. The rear engine hatch is a pain in the butt compared to a standard V-drive configuration. The low freeboard = not much if any added extra ballast. They're sexy and clean with a decent factory stereo. The ideal boat for a family whose dad wants fast and kids want a decent wake. It wouldn't be on my short list but they fill a niche no one else really does.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2009, 10:43 PM Reply   
couldn't agrre more except with the new quickfill 1600lbs of ballast not a bad wake.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2009, 6:07 AM Reply   
Here are the WakeCraft booth pics from Dan. That is a cool shirt your son is wearing.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by aarond0083 on February 27, 2009)
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2009, 6:07 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload