Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-23-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Worked fine the last time out now it doesn't. Did change the impeller on the engine between trips. It reads the entered speed and shows current speed. It beeps when target is hit but notheing happens. It doesn't want to take over. Looked at the servo while idelling around but didn't really see anthing happening. Does anyone know how to test the different parts to see where the problem is? Its on an 02 xstar.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2003, 5:11 AM Reply   
Ok, I got out the book and read up. In there it says you can move the serve by hand. Mine won't move at all. I think I found the problem. Now to get it fixed.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
Airfreak - your trying to turn it while the power is off right? Sounds like the motor has siezed. Did you recently run your boat with the plug out? Or do anything to get the servo wet? This will sieze the motor - it happened to me before. I was actually able to take the motor apart and free it up. Try that - or you may need a new motor, if so, call PP directly and they will get you one ASAP. Now back to my PP problems...
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Gave the servo a good tap on the shaft and now it works. Did have some shower problems that may have gotten it wet. Now to spend the money on a new one or gamble the the "stick" was temporary and it won't sieze up again. Might just order the new one and see how long this one will go. The electric conection shows some corrosion also. You would think they would seal things up better.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
with the power off, does the servo motor turn smoothly? If it does you will most likely be all set. I'd wait to see if freezes up for good before ordering a new one. Unless you have extra $$$. My .02
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
How smooth? It turns but there is a steady "ripple" to it. Not like it sticks in one spot, but like it was ment to have tiny bumps. The ripple is steady and uniform through a full turn. $75 from PP or $125 from local dealer.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
The ripple is cool. Supposed to do that. Got to love the dealer mark-up.
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-24-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
The ripple is cool. Supposed to do that. Got to love the dealer mark-up.