Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-13-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
I just bought a new 2007 MB B52 22'.
I want to get a backup prop in case I hit something.

Do most of you go with a stock one? (mine is an ACME 4 blade 13-1/2 x 16). It works fine for me, but I'm fairly new to boating and don't know what I might be missing.

$455 with shipping. I didn't know they were that expensive.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something stock. If you run some weight, and have a bunch of people, you will want something better. Contact Karl at www.boarditup.com and he can help make a good suggestion for your boat.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-13-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
yeah, what Darin says. If I was to get another prop, I'd get one with a pitch set for a boat heavily weighted down. With that boat.. it's pretty easy to get a lot of weight in it since you are already starting at 1800 lbs. Add a few big boys and a cooler.. you get up there pretty quick.
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
I won't be riding with more than 4-5 people and seldomly use the ballast.

The ballast is great, but our family is just starting out and wont be using it much for a few years. As for adding weight, years and years.

Should I still go with something other than stock?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
That being said I would stick with the stock prop, 1161.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-14-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Aww come on Al, BIG wakes are COOL! :-)
Old     (al_d)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-14-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I talked to Karl at boarditup today, good guy and very helpfull.

I may go the upgrade since it's a backup and maybe we'll grow into it. We'll use it full time if/when we do and have the stock one for now.
In the meantime I have something to use if I clip the bottom.

Thanks again and boarditup is great.