Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
Companies can get trashed pretty hard on these forum's, but I'm curious who's back you've got when it comes down to it. I've run across some pretty high quality companies since I became an addict 5+ years ago and while working on my boat across those years.

Here's my list:

WetSounds: Hands down quality product and customer service to back it up. Any time I have had a need, John Guyver had my back and took care of it. Shoot, he even remembered my name when I called up the other day and I hadn't talked to him in 2 or so years!

Monster Tower: Broke a weld well over a year after purchase and they had a new leg to me before the weekend hit. I've also had my board racks warrantied when the plating started to pit and they shipped out new ones ASAP. They get knocked on their design, but they back their products 100% and that has paid off for me. My tower get's some stress put on it, and I'm glad I have a company to go to if it has any issues.

Proline: I left my latest Proline LG handle on the ramp and drove off and went out and bought a Murray leather grip. I don't know why. You've probably heard about the issues with the Proline LG handles sinking, but every time I called, they answered the phone and sent out a new one. I'm a self appraised traitor and have no clue if Accurate will back my newest sinking anchor. I needed it the next day and there were no Proline options available... may have shot myself in the foot.

Ronix: Busted the inserts on my Covin and not only did they warranty it, but they shipped the broken board back to me so I could hold on to my Chad Sharpe signature that was on it. They also replaced my cell bindings when I had an ever-so-slight issue with my base. Quality gear, quality customer service.

Who do you back AND WHY? I'm sure some will just list company names, but I have reasons for backing the ones that I do...
Old     (vr6mole)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-16-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
Another +1 to Ronix. Had an issue with my O8's with the liner starting to come out and they sent me a brand new pair of 09's at no charge.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-16-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Correct Craft: Because the 1st boat I ever bought was an 88 SN2001 (still have) and it has given me minimal problems, especially for being over 20 years old...which is great since I had no previous boat mechanic experience.

CWB: Don't own the bindings anymore, but I neglected tightening one of the clamps and it ended up falling off in the lake. I called them up and told them what happened and that it was my fault and they still sent out a replacement. Plus they also sent me replacements of all the laces.

Boat House Marine at Tri Lakes: NE Ohio shop that has provided great service and turned jobs around quickly. Also helps they used to take me out on the new Mastercrafts.

Have also had good experience with Hyperlite & LF. Overall, I've had positive experiences with the companies and people involved in wakeboarding, which has helped me to enjoy the sport.
Old    tofasttoslow            07-16-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
+Ronix
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-16-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
"Monster Tower: Broke a weld well over a year after purchase and they had a new leg to me before the weekend hit. I've also had my board racks warrantied when the plating started to pit and they shipped out new ones ASAP. They get knocked on their design, but they back their products 100% and that has paid off for me. My tower get's some stress put on it, and I'm glad I have a company to go to if it has any issues."

Ordered a black tower, powder coat started to bubble, so they sent me 2 new legs in 2 days. Then the expansion bolts started to come appart, so they sent me a brand new model brushed alluminum tower at no cost. Also had the same issue with chrome racks as stated above. I had 2 alluminum racks on my doorstep in 48 hours. Great service.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
SkySki - alright, my brother works there, but great customer service.

SpeakerSox - more great customer service.

CinchMax - Great service & great products.

Wiley's Ski Shop - Their the oldest board/ski shop for a reason.

Titan - Get a real tower & you won't be breaking them.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       07-16-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
X2 on SkySki and CinchMax

Outstanding products and cust service.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Monster Tower, Liquid Force, Proline, ACME, Nettles Propellors, Lost boardshorts
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-16-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Well my list would have to include:

Liquid Trends: Rocked there systems for years and whenever something went wrong, it rarely did, Johnny had me rocking on the water again in no time and with out any costs. not only is he a stand up guy with a stand up company he's become a good friend.

Nice Rack: Hoaracio makes some seriously gorgous stuff. Great quality, and when i managed to damage one off his racks by tying up with another boat and bending a fork, totally my fault, he took care of it and got me back on the water looking good in no time.

Liquid Acoustics: A new up and coming stereo company that has some amazing products and has put serious time in developing and producing some amazing speakers. Marc hasn't hit the market yet with his new line of stuff but he well soon and its amazing. I did some product testing for him and when i had a glitch he drove 3 hours to fix, my wiring mistake, so i'd have tunes the whole weekend. I know I was just testing the system out but thats the type of guy Marc is and if you have stereo questions he'll talk to you for hours explaining how speakers work and how to get the most bang for your buck whether you bought them from him or are trying to do your own thing. the guy is truely an asset to the wakeboarding community.

Liquid Playground: Austin's pro shop in San Jose. Here is a guy who lives and breaths wakeboarding and well help anyone. The guy is a great ambassador for the sport and always right on it whenever you need product or support!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Sanger Boats: ten years and never been back to dealer or any repair facility, only routine maintenance, which I do myself

Mrecruiser Power: same ten years, plus six trouble free years on my previous boat

Westland Boat Covers: last two boats have had these, even tow with them on, and no issues at all

Acme Props, and AAA propeller in Costa Mesa, CA
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
"Get a real tower & you won't be breaking them"

haha - i knew that was coming. but way to make lemons out of lemonade.

ACME: totally forgot about them! Bill seems to sit by the phone and just WAIT for someone to call to give specific advice to. That man must know every inboard model out there...

Sounds like a big common denominator is the personal name that is attached to the company. I didn't even think about listing the names first, but I'd guess when you know a name, you're more likely to get quality customer service. Proline was always like that too - just can't remember the name of the person I dealt with a couple of times.}

I definitely have had some negative experiences from other companies, but what's the point in griping now?

(Message edited by froese on July 16, 2009)
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
MC Cash Rewards

Seriously, Perfect Pass is top notch.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Got to add Fresh Air Exhaust to the list! Great product and great customer service
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-16-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Ronix and Bake's Marine
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
NVS-great products and great customer service. Duane always responds to emails promptly, and he swapped brackets and inspected my Addictions free of charge.

Nice Rack-as mentioned by Robert above. Received a rack that was damaged by UPS during delivery, and Horacio sent me a new one very quickly.

Speaker Sox-Jim is the man. Very quick turn times, and great products.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
+1 for austin down at liquid playground, he has great prices, and if you have a problem. hes more then happy to make things right, best shop ive ever been to. i look forward to going down there. its a fun place just to hang out at as well
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-16-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Wiley's
Active Watersports
Perfect Pass
Barefoot International/Fly High
Wetsounds
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Ski and Sports in Rogers, AR-- Fantastic MC dealer. Customer service and shop is top notch.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-16-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Slingshot.

I had an issue with a board and I was in Florida at the time for only another 2 weeks, they were willing to replace it and overnight ship it for FREE to me so I had it for the rest of my trip.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-16-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
Sanger-Problem free boating, killer product, killer price, killer customer service
PP-Those guys are great to deal with
HSE-Jim is awesome
Speaker Sox-Jim is awesome
Wet Sounds-Though I chose Bullet Tim is awesome on here and I know they make a great product.
The walker project-Mike and Dennis are awesome and a sick product
Mercruiser-225 hours problem free
Kicker-Simply because of Phil White good product too
EarMark-Seen their installs and David is awesome to help us all for free here on WW
Acme Tops and Tunes-Ben does a great job with installs and excellent customer service.
Old     (daylorb)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-17-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
DIY Wake - the guy that runs the place is on email 24/7, always answers your questions immediately and honestly, they have great prices, and I've had great luck with their equipment that enabled us to do a lot to our boat on a tight budget.

I'm sure Monster is awesome as well, but we rigged up our setup for a lot less money and it works great.

Phase 5 - very cool people, awesome wakesurf boards

Wake Outlaws - I haven't bought anything from them yet, but my next boards will come from them. Very good customer service, knowledge.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Cire - Eric worked with me to get me the right size when the shorts I ordered didn't fit. These were $20 close-out shorts but it didn't matter to him. Outstanding service!

Hyperlite - They have replaced numerous boards for me over the years. I feel like a bit of a traitor having bought a CWB for my last purchase. Hyperlite has replaced 2 boards that were at least 5 years old with current pro model boards. Amazing!

Proline - I agree with Fro-Z. They have replaced several of my defective handles. I wished they lasted longer, but as long as they are willing to replace them, then I'm a Proline guy for now!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
CWB - replaced a board and sent out Zues retro kits all no charge.

Kicker - great cs, Phil is the best!

Tower Biminis - Always top notch service and quality product.
Old     (nschimm)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-17-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Hyperlite hands down. They have supplied great deals and products for the BGSU ski team over the years. Along with that HO and accurate lines.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-17-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Forgot to mention one in my earlier post :

Wakesports Unlimited, in Orange CA
(also one at the Carlsbad Lagoon, and San Diego)

Don't even want to think how much $$$ I've spent at that shop over the years! Great customer service and knowledge on what they sell!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
Malibu Boats
Correct Craft
Liquid Force Wakeboards and Bindings
Kicker
Bakes Marine
Barefoot International Fly High
Wakesports
CTi
SPY

soon to be

Wetsounds
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-17-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
+ 1 for slingshot
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       07-17-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
+1 Ronix (excellent cust svc.)
+1 Wetsounds (excellent cust svc.)
+1 Perfect Pass (favorite option, great cust svc)
Indmar Marine Engines (trouble free torque)
OJ Props
Supra and Moomba (Skier's Choice) Boats
Diamond Lakes Watersports in Malvern, AR

(Message edited by lancesaville on July 17, 2009)
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
N V S

Hyperlite

Straightline
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-17-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
+1 Towerbiminis!!! Great product and service!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-17-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
WAKEAIR - the best towers and tower accessories and great guys
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-17-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
+1 for slingshot. I had one of my bindings tear on the backside. I called them sent some pics to kyle, he is sending me a brand new pair of d2's. Thanks slingshot
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
+2 Towerbiminis!!! Great product and service!

Forgot to mention Jaime in my earlier post. He's a great guy with a great company and product!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
Here is my list:
1. Liquid playground: Best pro shop and great support.
2. Tower Bimini: Fast and great service.
3. Perfect pass: Very helpful and friendly.
4. Sea Dek: Fast Shipping and an awesome product.
Old     (quick)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-17-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
+1 Ronix! New baseplates after I snapped mine.....no questions asked. Awesome customer service!
Old    murrayair            07-17-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
Hyperlite
ACME
Cire
Accurate

All are great companies who make great products and take care of their customers.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
CWB and Proline. Never have had an issue they didn't solve with a simple phone call, no questions asked. Also put out a great product!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
Cash Rewards 1000000% :-)

(Message edited by lionel on July 17, 2009)
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2009, 11:50 PM Reply   
Cash Rewards! lol
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-17-2009, 11:59 PM Reply   
FAE
HSE

Upload
Upload
Old     (toadieboy13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-18-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Wakemakers.com: Spencer is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Highly recommended.

Perfect Pass: These guys are also extremely helpful.

Hyperlite: Have not had much trouble with their products, but when I have, they have always warrantied them.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-18-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
CWB and Proline for sure.

Mastewrcraft and more importantly our dealer Marine World.

Oakley..make outstanding products.
Old     (tpyle)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Waterski Boats Dallas
Supra (Skiers Choice)
Discount Inboard Marine
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
Good call tpyle. SKIDIM.COM Rocks!
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
looks like the question should be what companies you wouldn't back (but don't answer that)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
Bakesmarine.com
Bakesonline.com

Dealer is truely ahead of the game in terms of customer service, knowledge, online store offerings, and product knowledge.

Oh yea and they've come up with an add a bag system for ballast integration into the stock setup that actually works unlike Wakemakers.com system.

Also have to give a thumbs up to bullet speakers (hollowpoints) even some wetsounds guys prefer the way they sound over wetsounds. Customer service wise they don't hold a candle to wetsounds.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on July 18, 2009)
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
"looks like the question should be what companies you wouldn't back"

Nah - I get tired of the bashing that happens here ALL the time. There are some pretty clear trends in this posts here and some companies that are pretty obviously missing... good info to know. From those that are adding the reasons why they back these companies, it is also easy to tell which companies put an actual person/face in to back their customer support team... That's really important to me as a buyer.
Old     (speakersox)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-19-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
What an awesome post, you guys have truly made my day. Thanks to all. Jim
Old     (spencer3840)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
NVS hands down some of the greatest customer service

Samson Sports. Scott takes care of you!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm personally a fan of a product/company when i dont have to constantly be on the phone with customer service over broken or faulty gear. i dont want to know how a company's customer service is because i shouldnt have to deal with that and settle like that when i can get a better quality product that works and lasts. wakeboarders seem to settle way too much and expect to deal with warranty issues on a daily basis. it doesnt have to be this way. demand more from companies

That's why I will always support and ride Integrity wakeskates, DVS/Lakai and Vans shoes, Oneill Vests and Wetsuits.
For shops The Liquid Playground is as good as it gets. Its a core wakeshop with heart and passion.
Liquid Trends are the only people i would turn to for stereo work. Great product, great sound, and extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

(Message edited by wakemitch on July 19, 2009)
Old     (tigerider20v)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
As far as service and overall just good honest people, BOB'S MARINE in Modesto, Ca
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-19-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Grizzly sports, for their outstanding customer support and smoking deals. The guys there are top notch and great to deal with. I'm a customer for life!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
I have not had too many problems but for me it would be.

Skiers Choice
Rinkers Boat World (Houston Tx)
Wet Sounds ( Bret kicks a$$ )
& M2 sports

All of these companies have taken great care of us.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
NVS!
Sanger Boats
Mercruiser
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-19-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
Performance !!
thanks Bill,Danny,Anthony,Justin,Cathy,}}and krew!
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-19-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
liquid force

company wake

fly high

supra boats